SS/TC Heater Loop Bypass PN#?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
This seems like a trivial request, but I don't want a crimped hose... I have an 09 SS/TC and I see everyone with fancy non-crimped loop hoses and I don't think I saw one like that on my donor to be able to reuse.

What part number are you guys using for this? I'm seeing several options on Amazon but I 'd rather get something someone's already used and knows is big/long enough.
I searched but only found a hits for SS/SC guys and didn't wanna get the wrong part.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Last edited:

Kenny123

I'm having the exact same issue. I have a 2008 TC and I truly don't have this hose anywhere. Any help would be huge.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I believe it's a 3/4" nipple, so I may just order a few 3/4" hoses from Amazon and find one that works then share that info here if no one has a PN# readily available. I'm seeing a lot of the hoses for heater bypass sized at 5/8, though.... so I was hoping someone would chime in to save me some time. A lot of the ones that are 3/4" are only 3/4" on one side, with the other being 5/8".

I'm seeing this as 3/4" on both ends but it's rather expensive for a small hose.

Various Gates OEM hoses that could possible be cut to size are:
  1. 19815
  2. 19658
  3. 19316
  4. 19711

Last edited:

Kenny123

I'm actually right next to a parks auto right now. I'm gonna look and see what they have. If I can get a 5/8 and a 3/4 with a bend i will and then let ya know.

Kenny123

So I think I got it. Looks like part number 19316

I also Google "19316 hose" and it looks correct. They will have one in stock for me in about 2 hours so I'll know for sure after work.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Okay, I looked and I have a hose that's 5/8" that looks perfect shape wise, but it's not going to fit on the 3/4" nipple without a fair amount of stretching which I'm not really wanting to do if I can get a 3/4" hose.

I'm on the edge of my seat awaiting your response.

Kenny123

Alright so even though they said they had it in stock they didn't. I just ordered the 19316 on Amazon. Will be here Monday. I guess we just have to wait til then.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
As long as it's a 3/4" hose it should work. I may try to make my 5/8" hose work with some lube and heat..... but it's stretching it a bit too much for a pressurized system in my opinion.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Looking at the Gates catalog, a 19316 will be a 0.61 id hose with one end enlarged to 0.72 id.

I'm not anywhere near to needing this yet, so I'm not sure exactly what is needed, but I would guess maybe a 19607 hose might work.

https://assets.gates.com/content/dam/gates/home/resources/resource-library/catalogs/gates-molded-coolant-hose-id-guide_web.pdf

The approx. 3/4" hoses start on page 198. I've asked Gates tech support and the hoses that show 2 sizes will be the smaller size increased at one end to the larger size. The last number is the overall length.

Kenny123

Looking at the Gates catalog, a 19316 will be a 0.61 id hose with one end enlarged to 0.72 id.

I'm not anywhere near to needing this yet, so I'm not sure exactly what is needed, but I would guess maybe a 19607 hose might work.

https://assets.gates.com/content/dam/gates/home/resources/resource-library/catalogs/gates-molded-coolant-hose-id-guide_web.pdf

The approx. 3/4" hoses start on page 198. I've asked Gates tech support and the hoses that show 2 sizes will be the smaller size increased at one end to the larger size. The last number is the overall length.
Mucho Gracias mang. I already ordered the 19316 so I'm gonna go ahead and see how she does. If it's a "great success"yall will be the first ones I notify!

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
This may be another option

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
As a follow up on this discussion, I installed a Gates 19768 hose this weekend as the heater core bypass and it fit perfectly. It's even sold as a bypass hose. I found it for $3.29 shipped on Ebay.

Peregrinus

I haven’t seen this post, mind sending a link?

Yeah my fault, the title actually says supercharged guys. So not sure if this would carry over for non supercharged guys or not. Took me a second to find it. Might be worth looking at, the part doesn't look that different from the OP photo.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I don't recognize that piece as being the same on mine, but that could be because I didn't try to remove it.

Brett

As a follow up on this discussion, I installed a Gates 19768 hose this weekend as the heater core bypass and it fit perfectly. It's even sold as a bypass hose. I found it for $3.29 shipped on Ebay.
Well, there just went 3.29. This forum is evil.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Have you figured out a way to do the same to the top port that used to lead to the coolant tank before using one of the cooler hoses?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Just an outside the box thought, the heater core loop could also be used as an auxiliary engine cooling circuit. A solenoid or manual valve could be added to open and close this loop as needed, like track time or one of those really hot days you just had to go for a drive. Tie in a small radiator (motorcycle) or other heat exchanger into the loop, get it some air, and get your engine temp down - not sure how much, but guess it depends upon the size of the radiator used. Just a thought...;)