Steel-it prep and pictures

D&dgoblin69

Well decided to take the time to steel-it aerosol spray can the goblin. Advantages weld without grind .can see cracks start powder coat can hide cracks. Touch up spot sand and spray. Steel-it is forgiving on over spray lays flat let it dry.I prep as per application clean with 91% rubbing alcohol and sand with 36 grit for steel-it to be able to bite onto metal spray directly on steel no primer. Disadvantage a lot of work. Powder coating looks awesome.had A quote for black powder coat $850 no sandblast required as per . I was told his method of powder coating is solvent to get grease off , cook frame to degas then powder and bake. Not sure about no sand blast . I know steel-it say sand blast or 36 grit should feel like a match book stricker rough.

Attachments

TravMac

Great pictures for yours! Steel-it is really great when your throwing as many small powdercoat-chipping rocks as our front tires do. This stuff takes abuse quite well and is easy to "fix" if you ever needed a respray. Highly recommended!

Goblinfanclub1234

I talked to the guy at the powder coating place I used about prep and he said for automotive applications they always sandblast because stress and vibrations could cause the powder coat to start lifting off.