Steering assembly

Lando217

Hey guys after finally figuring out how the steering goes together it seems like I am missing this bearing that slides on the steering shaft from my donor? I am going to check a couple more places but would anyone know the name of this part or know where I can find one? Thanks!

Attachments

bradr

Has anyone looked into a sealed version of this bearing? It seems like it would be very easy for water, dirt and other grit to foul up this bearing. Before I press it back out of the DF housing to measure and try and find a sealed version, I figured I would check to see if someone else had figured it out.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Has anyone looked into a sealed version of this bearing? It seems like it would be very easy for water, dirt and other grit to foul up this bearing. Before I press it back out of the DF housing to measure and try and find a sealed version, I figured I would check to see if someone else had figured it out.
Can you see the numbers on the bearing? If so, I'll bet there is a seal version. I do remember hearing about one member that went to a sealed bearing. I thought about it on the second build but never did do it.

bradr

Can you see the numbers on the bearing? If so, I'll bet there is a seal version. I do remember hearing about one member that went to a sealed bearing. I thought about it on the second build but never did do it.
Did not think to look for the part number. Quick measurements indicate it is a 20x37x9 bearing, which matches the "6904" part number on the stock bearing. Sealed version:

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-6904-2RS-Bearing-20x37x9mm-Bearings/dp/B07T3DL1L4/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=20X37X9&qid=1590280357&sr=8-1