Steering Rack Limiter Kit

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I have an SS rack which already has less travel than yours. 17x8 wheels with 6" backspacing and I can just barely make contact between the rim and control arm at full lock. Unless you're running a deep dish wheel with very little backspacing, I would guess more non-SS racks need them than not.

KSLunsfo

I'm still on stock SS wheels and I've rubbed my passenger side control arm a bit as it's harder for me to see that side. If the car is sitting flat the wheels won't touch on either side but are pretty close. Once you're on some kind of incline or uneven ground is when I think it is able to make contact. This issue is only likely to get worse with wider wheels depending on the offset, using spacers etc...

So I totally think it's worth doing, I was possibly the first to order a set.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I ordered a set. In normal driving, I never turn hard enough for the wheels to make contact but in "closed course" driving, the control arms have received several scrapes.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I run 17x9. The only time you I am at the end of the rack is in the parking lot. I am conscious of it and do not go full any more.
For now, I am not ordering the kit.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I'm at that assembly stage so I went ahead and order the kit, it is a small amount of money in the big scheme of purchases so why not insure there will be no rubbing.

Indy Lonnie

I was excited about the addition of the stops. It is something that I would have done, but I don't think I will add them. I have witness marks on both sides of my control arms.
One thing I learned a long time ago... Your car will not remain in pristine condition - unless you don't drive it. Nics and dings are going to happen. Before your first drive - it will have a few blemishes. Don't sweat them. Those that are admiring your car will not see them. If they do - they have missed the point of the Goblin. I love my Goblin with all its scars. They each have a story to tell.