Steering snap ring

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The post this afternoon about steering clearance has made me realize that that I don’t have the snap ring on the steering shaft. Does anyone have one that they can measure so I can source one before I tear into mine to fix? At least the shaft diameter if not the full groove width and groove diameter.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The turn signal cancel ring keeps mine from moving a noticeable amount but I realized this is why I can’t keep the cancel ring adjusted.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Thanks, that's what I needed. I've ordered 50 for 20mm shaft and 50 for 25/32"(.7813") shafts for Monday. Hopefully between the 2, I'll have something that will work. If so, I'll have plenty to share.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
This might help, The ones you get at Harbor Freight want work there completely different
Your picture is of an E clip, which is not the right type. Idk if Harbor Freight carries external retaining clips like the one installed, but even if they do I'm not sure what size that measurement would take - 20mm? Something between a 3/4" and 13/16"?

Chris_WNC

Oh, ok. Don't rush for me. I remembered you thread earlier when I was showing my son my work in progress.

CHRIS

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
So both the 20mm and 25/32 retaining rings work. If I had to choose I would say the 20mm was a better fit but not enough that I will swap back since I tried the 25/32 second.

if someone needs one send me your address and I can mail one.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
So both the 20mm and 25/32 retaining rings work. If I had to choose I would say the 20mm was a better fit but not enough that I will swap back since I tried the 25/32 second.

if someone needs one send me your address and I can mail one.
Yep that’s what I measured was 19.90 mm