Steve's City Ext 09 Turbo

Ross

Goblin Guru
Hey all, I wanted to update you on Steve's project. I will try and obtain some photos for you- it was finished and has been driven. it certainly looks amazing!

Steve passed away a bit back and April of this year (2023) his kids auctioned off many of his toys and side projects. The car in this build log is being retained by Steves daughter for the time being. I don't know if you were aware, but Steve had a second goblin he barely uncrated and I ended up purchasing that second unassembled Goblin from his kids. (chassis 109)
ncgoblin is listed as having chassis 109 in North Carolina...
Did DF sell 2 chassis with the same frame number, or did one of you guys get your chassis number wrong?

Discovered that ncgoblin has goblin #104.

Do you know what the chassis number is for the fancy green one is that Steve built?

Last edited:

Mahkoi

ncgoblin is listed as having chassis 109 in North Carolina...
Did DF sell 2 chassis with the same frame number, or did one of you guys get your chassis number wrong?

Do you know what the chassis number is for the fancy green one is that Steve built?
View attachment 42102

Well that took me down an unexpected rabbit hole. I thought ncgoblin was around the same number as mine. Did some IG snooping and just guessing by the sharpie on the bulkhead piece that NC was #274

Screenshot_20230809_202422_Instagram.jpg

LaunchPad

DFGS0109.
this is the unassembled kit i bought from Steves kids. i am looking for the photo i took of the number plate. it was pretty badly weathered. when i contacted DF they helped me out by sending me the above document. which had the stage one and stage two parts listed out.

here is the auction that it did not sell at. . . DF Goblin Frame | Daugherty Auction & Real Estate Services (hibid.com) chassis number is on one of those photos.

somewhere i have an email where we were discussing the other chassis number. may take a bit.

LaunchPad

well this gets a bit complicated . . . so the other chassis was intially a partnership between my business partner (Mike) and Steve. Mike actually fronted the money and made the purchase under his name and then Steve bought him out of that chassis. still looking for email trails. . .