[STL] Side Mirror Lower Mounting Bracket

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
For those of you who did not buy mirrors from DF and sourced your own CBR-style side mirrors, you may find this STL useful.

Attached is a 3D printed solution for the lower bracket mount that I made and wanted to share.

Print settings don't really matter but I did:
  • .03 layer height
  • 10% infill
  • 4x walls
Print time is about an hour per bracket at 60 mm/s.

I got my mirrors from Desert Sasquatch I think, I don't know what their actual information is but I'm assuming they're identical to the ones DF sells since they're all remakes of CBR motorcycle mirrors (right?) If you have a different set of mirrors without the two-step height of the little cylinders (pictured) then let me know and I can change the model for you.

Here's the measurements for anyone interested:
Sketch.PNG

Model.PNG

I attached some pics of them installed.

It's not the best fit visually but they are very secure. I may work on the exterior shape to try and match DFs curves but for now I'm sending it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Why is this happening? I have made two attempts at printing these and both times it does this....

Using Cura to slice it. I have printed the cup holder and the radiator hose holder w no issues.

Edit: When cleaning the plate I realized I have it too close to the edge.... Newbies!!

20210420_095050.jpg

Last edited:

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Looks like the print bed is not level as the right side is really thin, while the left side is thicker. Also, try printing a brim with the print to see if that helps with the adhesion and warping.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Looks like the print bed is not level as the right side is really thin, while the left side is thicker. Also, try printing a brim with the print to see if that helps with the adhesion and warping.
It was too close to the edge, 2/3rds was printing properly while the other third was piling up due to the X axis being maxed out. I have one printed and the second is in progress.

Thanks for the input... This stuff is cool but don't know how involved I want to get with it..

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Level your bed, if you don't know how (yours looks pretty unleveled) watch some youtube videos for your specific printer.

Doesn't hurt to use some sort of adhesion promoter like glue sticks or similar.

After you level and retry, let us know if you're still having issues.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Level your bed, if you don't know how (yours looks pretty unleveled) watch some youtube videos for your specific printer.

Doesn't hurt to use some sort of adhesion promoter like glue sticks or similar.

After you level and retry, let us know if you're still having issues.
Two printed and on the car!