Stretch’s ext. track goblin #386 SS/TC

Stretch2126

Hi everyone my name is Cooper and I’m from the Space Coast of Florida! I’ve been looking around the forums for a couple years now but made the account roughly a year ago when the project started to look more attainable. I’m 21 years old and have been around the drag racing scene my entire life and have been stretching out into other types like autocross and hopefully a track day. I’ve been driving my donor for a bit and it’s been a blast so far but now it’s days are limited.

4F5CED11-E8A9-4B85-82FB-2F1FCBB95AA7.jpeg

Stretch2126

That drive train will be SOOOO much happier in a Goblin......... ;)
Oh I’m sure. It was a single owner car that was never beat on as well so I have to change that. It also has the g85 package so I’m hoping the LSD makes a big difference in the corners.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Welcome and glad to see your already testing the limits in the donor. Since you've started your build log, give us some other insight, like when will you be ordering your kit - what chassis, standard or extended, city or track, door options, etc.? We see your donor is an SS, what year?

This should be a great experience for you. Are you planning to have someone help with your build,, father or brother perhaps? Remember, we are here to help and no question is too simple to ask. :D

Stretch2126

I ordered the kit last night and got my number 386. It’s an extended track chassis with full bars. The donor is the 2009 SS with the g85 package so it should be a blast for autocross.
My dad and I are gonna mostly work on the project, but some other friends will probably be involved here and there. We also know two other owners in Florida since my dad powdercoated the chassis. One of them (lethalcast) let us ride in it and I was immediately hooked and had to start planning. I plan on powder coating my chassis and miscellaneous parts too. I definitely appreciate you guys and the forums cause they’ve already answered good questions.

Stretch2126

I’m slowly getting some items together for the build. I have two five point harnesses ready for the cage and bought some wheels from a friend of mine for practically nothing. The wheels are svt cobra wheels with 255s on the front and 315s on the rear (17x9 front and 17x10.5 rear). Luckily the fronts were replaced recently but the rears are dried out and didn’t do anything for my friend’s mustang so I don’t have high hopes.
8C9ED554-1D00-4886-BEC9-BFAAF8693B56.jpeg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Nice. Those are some big shoes - and an opportunity to put some 100TW skins on your Goblin. At least on the rear to begin with. :D

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I'm jealous, I was targeting a set of those wheels when I was on my wheel search but was unable to find a set in any kind of reasonable condition.

You're going to need hearty spacers on the back, just bear in mind.

Stretch2126

I'm jealous, I was targeting a set of those wheels when I was on my wheel search but was unable to find a set in any kind of reasonable condition.

You're going to need hearty spacers on the back, just bear in mind.
I definitely got lucky with these wheels but just because they were from a friend. I was searching before and it always seems like the bigger wheels are for sale or the base ones running 215/45s. I already have some monster spacers in mind after seeing Ross’s build log when he had 315s all around.

Stretch2126

So it looks like the teardown is going to start next week as long as work and school don’t get too busy. I cleaned the car and we posted an ad for parting out. Turns out a lot of the cobalt people don’t like seeing a car torn apart lol. I think if they had been in a goblin before they wouldn’t mind.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
So it looks like the teardown is going to start next week as long as work and school don’t get too busy. I cleaned the car and we posted an ad for parting out. Turns out a lot of the cobalt people don’t like seeing a car torn apart lol. I think if they had been in a goblin before they wouldn’t mind.
You think they don’t like seeing a coupe parted out. Try doing a SS sedan. They wanted to murder me. Lol

Stretch2126

Just for a funny update, I wanted to start stripping the car Wednesday but my truck (daily) had other plans. The rear end is toast and it was a bit surprising since it’s not beat on and had oil in the case. The cobalt is the daily for now even without Freon so hopefully Florida stays cool. DF said the chassis should be done around the end of March so it still gives me some time for the cobalt.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
I feel your pain! I’m going through somewhat the same thing right now except my donor is already stripped. my daily driver being one of the most unreliable cars ever made in history has blown the turbo seals again. Dang Chevy Cruze’s.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Stretch. I just realized you are exactly 200 frames after my #186. :)
DF is moving right along.......