Suggested Rear Brake hose Options?

SwerveMonkey

Is there a good option for rubber hoses for the rear solstice calipers??
I went to install my donor rubber hoses only to find that they ware way too short for the run from the frame to the caliper.

If DF provides a set for the rear calipers are they the "better option" than sourcing OEM replacements?

Peregrinus

Is there a good option for rubber hoses for the rear solstice calipers??
I went to install my donor rubber hoses only to find that they ware way too short for the run from the frame to the caliper.

If DF provides a set for the rear calipers are they the "better option" than sourcing OEM replacements?
DF sells a whole stainless hose kit. Just email in and ask for the rears only, unless they won't work with the solstice brakes, I'm not sure? But I imagine it should.

They arnt an option on the new order page, but it used to be, so just shoot them an email or call and ask

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
I was able to use the long Cobalt brake hoses to reach the Soltice brakes. I did have the grind off a brass stop on the square brass end of the hose, in order to mount it 90 degrees from the way it was made to mount on a Cobalt.

SwerveMonkey

Surprised by the thought, i hadn't considered that.... but was disappointed in the result... maybe my donor didn't have the same brake hoses as others here :confused::(

If you can tell the end of the hose is about half an inch away from where it needs to meet the banjo bolt. I'd take a bet that it is not best practice to stretch a rubber brake hose inorder to make the connection.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I ended up not using the stainless rear lines that I ordered with my kit because of contact with the barrel of my wheel (I run 15s at all four corners). Ended up going aftermarket for a lower profile. They're in the garage somewhere; if you're interested, send me a PM and we can work it out.

SwerveMonkey

They're in the garage somewhere; if you're interested, send me a PM and we can work it out.
this is great news for me, I really hate having that situation. Having good parts laying around but not using them, ha ha.
I'll sent you a message and we can get that ball rolling, thanks!!