Summit point WV SCCA event

Lndshrk Steve

Back in the 70's when I went from Solo II (autocross) to Solo I (time trials, hillclimbs), the jump was pretty big. The needed driving gear, safety equipment and car prep was much more in the Solo I's.
Also, as I've mentioned in another post, maybe don't be in such a hurry to drive. Go to the event and spectate. See what goes on, what the tech procedure is, how the day/days unfold and what is required. As you said, the rule book is very specific but when you see how it is applied in person, you understand a lot more of what is expected of the participants.
I was an SCCA member of the Blue Mountain Region and I've raced at Summit Point. Both were great experiences but that was many years ago so I can't give you much details about this event or the requirements.
If you haven't done an autocross/Solo II event yet, I would start there. A lot less pressure and a great learning experience.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ya. Big difference in autocross and other forms of racing. I didn’t look over the rules you posted, but reading some of the time attack stuff for around here, because we are a open wheel/cockpit car, there’s even more rules for us. Just in autocross we have a ton of rules for our class, that don’t make much sense, but they are there.