Supercharger Pulley Puller available

Ross

Goblin Guru
Anyone need a supercharger pulley puller?

Andrew (DCMoney) loaned me the puller that he made.
I am going to make a video of how it worked on my supercharger.
Then it will become available to the next Goblin owner for a small fee ($20ish) to cover shipping.

So if you are in need, request.

instructions: http://www.pulleyboys.com/M62.pdf

Last edited:

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
The way I planned on it to work was I'll send the puller in a USPS flat rate padded envelope ($7.55 shipped anywhere in the US) with a prepaid return label and extra flat rate bag inside so when you're done you only have to drop it off in your mailbox, no need to go to the Post office.

$20 is to cover shipping and the M8 set screw that should get replaced with each use.

baustin

I might be interested in using the puller in the not too distant future (maybe next month). Is this still available?

gearjammer

I am in the middle of building my goblin and trying to decide if I should change to the 2.9 pulley now or wait and do it later. Have any of you pulled the stock pulley with the engine still in the goblin? Or did you just take the blower off to swap it?

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I am in the middle of building my goblin and trying to decide if I should change to the 2.9 pulley now or wait and do it later. Have any of you pulled the stock pulley with the engine still in the goblin? Or did you just take the blower off to swap it?

I personally just took the SC off. It was very easy only 4 bolts I think? Makes it a lot easier to get the belt back on too. You can just put the 2 front bolts just started and slighting bend down the SC slip the belt on and torque all 4 bolts to spec.

Nuker-

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
On this subject, I am currently working on my engine while I wait for my frame. That being said I think I will put the engine in the car stock and get all the possible kinks out of it before moding it. But I think I would like to pull the stock pulley and turn down the snout if needed. Does anyone know the ID of a 2.9 pulley?

Ross

Goblin Guru
The inside of my OTTP 2.9" pulley is 60.64mm diameter. It is a lot thicker aluminum than my 2.7" pulley.
The inside of my OTTP 2.7" pulley is 58.14mm diameter.

The top of the 6 grooves are 72.86mm on my OTTP 2.9" pulley.
The top of the 6 grooves are 68.48mm on my OTTP 2.7" pulley.

I thought it was the 2.6" pulley that required modifying the SC snout.

Last edited:

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
The inside of my OTTP 2.9" pulley is 60.64mm diameter. It is a lot thicker aluminum than my 2.7" pulley.

Perfect! Thank you, My snout measures 58.47mm 2.9 is prob as small as I would go and I could machine a couple thousandths off the inside of the pulley if there was a clearance issue.

Fozda

Goblin Guru

It appears that all snouts weren't created equal. Lol My snout was thicker on one side than the other. OTTP says you have to turn it down for the 2.8 and below. I had mine turned down for the 2.7 cause it didn't fit but I made sure they did enough so I can switch to the 2.6 without machining again.