Suspension feels "bouncy, floaty"

Sho

Hey guys, im finally in the home stretch to get my build street legal.
But when on test drives i feel like my suspension is very bouncy or floaty and feels like it sways side to side quite a bit...
I have tightened (clockwise) the front shocks as much as I can and i dont feel like theres any change...
Anybody

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Something is wrong. Full tight on the shocks should make them feel like they are rock hard.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
One of the biggest and easiest things mis set is tire pressure. Bring the pressure down to about 20, set the shocks about half way and go from there.

Sho

Thanks for the response guys.
-my tire pressure was initially around 35 like most regular cars. I will lower to 20-25 and bring the shocks to about mid level and try out.
-because I do not have it street legal I haven’t taken to a shop to get aligned. (Will do asap after approval)
-front are the coil overs provided by df. (Adjustable)

Attachments

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Sorry, I miss typed my question about struts. I see that you have the Cobalt struts in the back. If you truly have a floating filling (60's land barge with worn out shocks) then it might be bad struts. If you have a darting, uncontrolled feeling when hitting bumps, then it's likely the things we are pointing out here.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yeah. 35 is way too high. Remember you are half the weight. It probably feels like an overinflated basketball. 18-20 is where I run mine on the street.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the response guys.
-my tire pressure was initially around 35 like most regular cars. I will lower to 20-25 and bring the shocks to about mid level and try out.
-because I do not have it street legal I haven’t taken to a shop to get aligned. (Will do asap after approval)
-front are the coil overs provided by df. (Adjustable)
The front coilovers are quite firm above 6 clicks or so. I'd recommend dialing them to full soft and adjusting from there to get the ride quality you want. I'm at 5 clicks from full soft for street use if I remember correctly.