TC Fuel Line Replacement

Josh's09

Hey, got a question for you all. I removed (barely) the fuel line that goes from the turbo to the valve cover so it (valve cover) could be powder coated. Upon doing so, I damaged the end of the fuel line that goes to the valve cover, and now I am at the point of replacing it. Unfortunately Oreiley could not find the part tonight. I was wondering if someone knows where I could find another one or has a part number for this. Pics coming soon! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
That’s not a fuel line and isn’t considered removable by GM so only comes with the valve cover normally.

The link indicates that Powell Racing created a tool to be able to remove them so they could powder coat the valve covers. Maybe they can source you one.

Josh's09

That’s not a fuel line and isn’t considered removable by GM so only comes with the valve cover normally.

The link indicates that Powell Racing created a tool to be able to remove them so they could powder coat the valve covers. Maybe they can source you one.
Ohh okay, thank you for the info, do you know what the line is called?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Service manual refers to it as PCV hose. If you try to look it up on the GM parts sites that part appears to be the fitting the hose attaches to on the turbo.

KSLunsfo

I haven't personally done this yet anyway, but apparently the internal clamps can be replaced:

Just depends how damaged the end of the line is I guess...

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
It is just a vacuum hose. Use rubber hose and hose clamps each end.
The temp from the turbo should not be a problem since we have open engine bay now.
You may want to read a little further in the link below to better understand what the vacuum system is doing on the turbo valve cover.

Josh's09

Once I found out the name, I found one on Ebay for around $45. So now I got multiple options though! Thanks for the info!