Texas Revoking Titles (and how you can help)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
My friend just text me- “I sent that bill to my mother and she just straight up texted their rep on his personal cell. I forget my dad works for him and they are family friends.”

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Justin we appreciate the work you, Faron and Ron have put into this, hope tomorrow goes well.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Awesome to hear that it passed! Nice work!

Wondering, now that it has passed, does everyone automatically get their registrations reinstated? Or do you have to go through the registration process again?

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Awesome to hear that it passed! Nice work!

Wondering, now that it has passed, does everyone automatically get their registrations reinstated? Or do you have to go through the registration process again?
There’s lots of work left and lots of unanswered questions. Either way the bill doesn’t take effect until September 1st if it’s signed by governor.

People will most likely have to reapply. DMV will take a lot of educating I expect.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Glad to hear it passed! I hope it sets an iron-clad precedent for other states to follow if they are inclined to do as Texas tried to do

JSATX

Goblin Guru
SB 1462 is struggling to get traction. I need any and all Texans reading this to call Sen. Nichols office and request that SB1462 gets a hearing. He is the chairman of the senate transportation committee. I just did it, took less than 2 minutes.

512-463-0103

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Could someone refresh some non-Texan memories about what SB1462 is? I'm in California, and am following this faithfully.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
SB1462 is the senate companion bill to the house bill that has already passed. Has to go though both chambers before becoming law.

AnthonyS

Wow, I’m eagerly awaiting this legislation. I will be honest my kit car dreams were crushed by this unilateral bureaucratic fiasco. If this happens, I will support the efforts of DF and this community by building a goblin. I love that the shop is near me in the DFW area and that I can do this in 3 stages.

I will call today too. Rule of law should govern a state not unelected bureaucrats. That alone should be reason to bring this to a vote.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
OK, similar to Federal govt. practice. Does this appear to be more of an uphill fight than with the House?
It’s not more of an uphill fight but there is significantly less time left.

Wow, I’m eagerly awaiting this legislation. I will be honest my kit car dreams were crushed by this unilateral bureaucratic fiasco. If this happens, I will support the efforts of DF and this community by building a goblin. I love that the shop is near me in the DFW area and that I can do this in 3 stages.

I will call today too. Rule of law should govern a state not unelected bureaucrats. That alone should be reason to bring this to a vote.
Thank you!