Texas Revoking Titles (and how you can help)

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I did not mean to mislead anyone with the details I listed.

You need to show evidence of ownership for the kit, frame, and motor. There are options to do so. See the document below (check marks are my application).

Attachments

JSATX

Goblin Guru
@JSATX ,@Lonny/@Adam, or anyone else that had been registered before, have you guys started the process of re-registering? Do you have to go through the whole process again, or is there a modified process for those that had their cars registered, but had their registration revoked?
No not yet. I’m happily running my alternate registration.

I plan to go back eventually, on one hand I feel like I have to, on the other hand I’m in no hurry to give txdmv a single penny...the emotional scarring hasnt quite yet healed lol.

FTC

No not yet. I’m happily running my alternate registration.

I plan to go back eventually, on one hand I feel like I have to, on the other hand I’m in no hurry to give txdmv a single penny...the emotional scarring hasnt quite yet healed lol.
I can't say I blame you. I'd probably do the same thing. Getting titled and registered was a lot of work. Not sure I would want to go through it again if I didn't have to.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is a glorious day here in Texas!!!!!!!!

Two months ago, I visited the Regional office to obtain the initial review and certification letter to begin the newly redesigned registration process. The Beer Flu sent the local government offices into a tailspin. The offices have been "closed", but still doing online business and some rare in-person work. I was told that I could "try" do do this on-line. I tried to email the office for the last several weeks to try to get an appointment in person for the "special cases" they are handling in-person. No reply, of course. So today, I went down to the office just to see if I was contacting the wrong place, or people. Retired people have time on their hands, ya know. There were only about 5 people working where about 20 normally work. There were only two other customers there. The girl (door keeper/bouncer) was nicer than normal. She asked if I had an appointment. After I explained no, and that I had been trying for two weeks, she shyly looked around, put my name on the list, and let me in. Divine appointment, indeed. A gentleman named Jose helped me, finally. He was young enough to be interested in the pictures of the Goblin and asked several questions about the car and the build. He thumbed through the pile of paperwork and consulted with his supervisor more than a few times. Well, after more than an hour, he smiled and said it was all good. My anxiousness lifted. Wahooooo!!!!!

A big thanks to JSATX and Lonnie and all the others who have been fighting the establishment for YEARS now to rectify this injustice.

The temporary tag is going on now. I feel like driving around and just looking for an police car. ;)

I even got the custom plate that I wanted. Double bonus!

Goblin On, Friends! Goblin On...........

IMG_8701.jpgIMG_8702.jpgIMG_8704.jpg

Last edited:

RouteAbel

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is a glorious day here in Texas!!!!!!!!

Two months ago, I visited the Regional office to obtain the initial review and certification letter to begin the newly redesigned registration process. The Beer Flu sent the local government offices into a tailspin. The offices have been "closed", but still doing online business and some rare in-person work. I was told that I could "try" do do this on-line. I tried to email the office for the last several weeks to try to get an appointment in person for the "special cases" they are handling in-person. No reply, of course. So today, I went down to the office just to see if I was contacting the wrong place, or people. Retired people have time on their hands, ya know. There were only about 5 people working where about 20 normally work. There were only two other customers there. The girl (door keeper/bouncer) was nicer than normal. She asked if I had an appointment. After I explained no, and that I had been trying for two weeks, she shyly looked around, put my name on the list, and let me in. Divine appointment, indeed. A gentleman named Jose helped me, finally. He was young enough to be interested in the pictures of the Goblin and asked several questions about the car and the build. He thumbed through the pile of paperwork and consulted with his supervisor more than a few times. Well, after more than an hour, he smiled and said it was all good. My anxiousness lifted. Wahooooo!!!!!

A big thanks to JSATX and Lonnie and all the others who have been fighting the establishment for YEARS now to rectify this injustice.

The temporary tag is going on now. I feel like driving around and just looking for an police car. ;)

I even got the custom plate that I wanted. Double bonus!

Goblin On, Friends! Goblin On...........

View attachment 16161View attachment 16162View attachment 16163
congrats!!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
So I went to the dmv with all the paperwork, in duplicate, plus some. I’ll spare boring details, but everything has been submitted to the regional office. They will submit to Austin and now I wait for part B.

a. Make an appointment
2. Be patient
III. have all of your paperwork ready
D. Know all of your paperwork
5. Be nice :)
VI. don't forget your mask

Devonrex

Hey, if you two road legal Goblins need some where to go, head down to the Southwest side of town and I can show off my progress. I had my first start last weekend and should be rolling this weekend, but still missing seats.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Hey, if you two road legal Goblins need some where to go, head down to the Southwest side of town and I can show off my progress. I had my first start last weekend and should be rolling this weekend, but still missing seats.
Sorry we did not get to make it down there today.
With you and Scott and Bill, we are gonna be swarming the locals soon..... :)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ya. sorry about that. We will make it down soon though now we are legal. :cool:

which reminds me, I need an eztag

Classy

Ok, I am at a point where I need to know if you NEED a cobalt as a donor or does it matter what the donor car is? I am to the point where I don't think I will even buy a Cobalt at all, and hopefully get an impala SS to use for the donor. Also on this point, Do you HAVE to have a donor car to make it legal in Texas?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I don't speak for DF Kit Car.

With that in mind, if it were my business, my take would be this: I support a product in my business, that product is designed a certain way, and while it might be possible to use my product a different way, I would not be able to support it with the limited assets I have. The kit is designed to work with a Cobalt (or Pontiac G5) donor. If you want to use a different donor, that's entirely on you and while the community would likely support it and help where we can, official support would only be provided for the kit and a Cobalt/G5 donor, as designed.

Just my thoughts.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
You have to have proof of ownership of the engine, most importantly. You’ll also have to have proof of doner parts used. With buying any doner vehicle, the title of that vehicle is your proof (although this can become an awkward conversation with the dmv people).

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Without a doner car, you will have to list out parts on the paperwork and show you “own” them.

Classy

I assumed the engine most definitely needed paperwork, but as long as I have as I have a trail to show it is all legal, I assume I am ok.