Texas Revoking Titles (and how you can help)

Meansol

anyone can send me a picture of your inspection?? Just interested in the vin/make/type section. They couldnt enter DFGB0278 as a VIN and they also tried adding a bunch of zeros and it wouldn’t accept it.. so I had them use the donor VIN. DMV didnt like that. Also DMV says to use make “ASVE”. What year do you use? MCO says 2020. I didn’t actually get the kit till 2021. Finished it in 2022. And now trying to title it in 2023.

anyone can send me a picture of your inspection?? Just interested in the vin/make/type section. They couldnt enter DFGB0278 as a VIN and they also tried adding a bunch of zeros and it wouldn’t accept it.. so I had them use the donor VIN. DMV didnt like that. Also DMV says to use make “ASVE”. What year do you use? MCO says 2020. I didn’t actually get the kit till 2021. Finished it in 2022. And now trying to title it in 2023.
So I’m in the final stages of registering mine. The DMV informed me that ASVE would be the make for mine. For the Model I could put whatever. My inspection report shows DF as the model, so not sure if Austin DMV is going to approve it or not. Still waiting for a reply.

Meansol

So I’m in the final stages of registering mine. The DMV informed me that ASVE would be the make for mine. For the Model I could put whatever. My inspection report shows DF as the model, so not sure if Austin DMV is going to approve it or not. Still waiting for a reply.
did you have to do normal inspection? And if so what did they enter for the VIN.

Brett

Question for those who’ve registered, how long did it take for the DMV to get your approval letter?
Mine was a drawn out process but once all the paperwork was in order, it took about 10 days. This was in Harris county, sep 2022.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Depending on if you are in an emission county or not will determine the state inspection needed. 9 “0” then vin should do it, under assembled vehicle. I’m not sure what year it would be since you mco is 2020, but it is now 2023. I’ll need to find my last inspection paper to take a pic of it if that’s what you want.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
My inspection report is:
VIN 000000000DFGBXXXX
Make: Other
model: Assembled roadster

Vin: DFGBXXXX
Make: ASVE
Model: (blank)
Body style: Roadster (RD).

Hope that helps.

Joe

Meansol

My inspection report is:
VIN 000000000DFGBXXXX
Make: Other
model: Assembled roadster

Vin: DFGBXXXX
Make: ASVE
Model: (blank)
Body style: Roadster (RD).

Hope that helps.

Joe
weird we tried that but it isnt working. Do you have to title it first? I went to two different places. The software was the same. They selected inspection and emissions. It asks for insurance expr date, registration date (they put in all zeros), vehicle weight (1800), then year (2022), and then the VIN. It wouldnt accept 000000000DFGB0278 or DFGB0278. It would ask to enter it twice then prompt for the VIN again and loop through again. Maybe the vehicle weight is the issue.?.

* I am in a county the requires emissions. I do have all the EVAP hooked up and passing, with cats (no 02 extender and it actually clears no CEL)

Joebob

Goblin Guru
My first inspection was Safety only as it is a new car. Should also be a safety on first renewal, but emissions after that. I am also running a cat and EVAP. Funny after more than a year of driving, I have yet to have the EVAP check itself.

Glad you got something to work. It is all backwards. You need insurance on a vaperware car, then an inspection to prove that there is a car, then a title to allow the state to tax this new car, then registration and tags.

Good luck finishing the gauntlet.

Joe

Meansol

finally got my plates! Had to still pay $800 in taxes. Local registration said the sales tax I paid is not motor tax. I asked them to call Texas Comptroller and we waited about 45mins before someone picked up. After about 10mins, the guy (Scott) told her no this kit car still falls under "Complete kit car" and I had to pay taxes, even after she told him I had a to use parts from a donor car to build it. got to love the double taxation /rant over

Brett

finally got my plates! Had to still pay $800 in taxes. Local registration said the sales tax I paid is not motor tax. I asked them to call Texas Comptroller and we waited about 45mins before someone picked up. After about 10mins, the guy (Scott) told her no this kit car still falls under "Complete kit car" and I had to pay taxes, even after she told him I had a to use parts from a donor car to build it. got to love the double taxation /rant over
Congratulations!

That's crap on the double taxation.

Stingray

Son of a... so for texas you need the parking brake, a catalytic converter, both O2 sensors, and the Evap system????? Ah man, this is depressing. I didn't keep the parking brake stuff. What's the Evap system consist of??