TheDons track, easy entry, 09 ss/tc build #273

Sparvy

Oof don't tell me #254 is still 2 weeks out from delivery :eek: I'm #261 and was hoping to have my kit end of February/Beginning of March. Mine goes in the jig next week
I'm #262 so I'm due to be built after yours. I think besides the current shipping issues they are working out they try to send as many kits to one area as they can to save on the shipping costs so I'm sure a few orders will wait a little to make that happen. I'm just glad that DFG has enough materials to keep pumping them out

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Important to remember that DF is still only producing Goblin kits because their machine shop business has government contracts and is considered a vital business. Besides just that, COVID has certainly affected supply and shipping. Also, while I am not a "DF insider" so to speak, it certainly looks like the kit car business has been booming over the last six months in particular.

Not making excuses for DF, just adding some perspective. :D

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Important to remember that DF is still only producing Goblin kits because their machine shop business has government contracts and is considered a vital business. Besides just that, COVID has certainly affected supply and shipping. Also, while I am not a "DF insider" so to speak, it certainly looks like the kit car business has been booming over the last six months in particular.

Not making excuses for DF, just adding some perspective. :D
Though on the "vital business" bit, that may not still be true, I'm not in Texas so I am not sure. In my home state though, businesses have been allowed to re-open, then have been forced to shut down again, etc.

pisco

Yes because you don’t have the engine or none of the heavy parts, brakes , axles, fuel, and etc.
i used one it was not enough
Two should work as long as your moving it on a relatively smooth surface and balance the weight evenly.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The HF 'rollerskate' wheel dollys work just fine for moving your Goblin around, whether it's just the bare frame all the way up to your completed car.
I've got 2 pairs of these. Frame sits nicely in the v-notch and eventually the tires will too. I use 3 at a time, 2 under the rear of my bare frame and 1 under the nose.

TheDon

I've got 2 sets of 4 for moving cars in the garage.
Past a big milestone today just sold the old family hauler $5500. Much needed cash for my kit purchase as long as they were booking 3 months out figured I'd find the money.
Think ill work on the harness tonight once the kids are out.

TheDon

A new transmission isn't in the budget but 1st to second grinds a bit so rather than rebuild or buy new I maybe getting another whole cobalt tomorrow an 06 ss he thinks has an lsd with stage 3 zzp kit on it. The transmissions should be identical I think no issues swapping them? Price is right it was abandoned and has no title runs and drives $800. An hour away

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If the seat are recaro, then it has an lsd.you can ask him that. Plus “G85” will be on the RPO codes in the trunk, which you already know.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Hope it has the lsd.
There is a manual trunk release but for the life of me I cannot remember where it is. I couldn't get into my truck either and then someone told me about it. I never had a chance to use it, so I don't remember now where it was. For what it's worth.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I think you flip the back seats down and it’s somewhere around the back deck. There’s also one on the inside of the trunk lid, as per safety something something

Rauq

Goblin Guru
A new transmission isn't in the budget but 1st to second grinds a bit so rather than rebuild or buy new I maybe getting another whole cobalt tomorrow an 06 ss he thinks has an lsd with stage 3 zzp kit on it. The transmissions should be identical I think no issues swapping them? Price is right it was abandoned and has no title runs and drives $800. An hour away
Gear ratio should be different. 4.05 for the SS/SC trans and 3.82 for the SS/TC. Besides that, should bolt right up.

Dale E

Some Cobalt's have a button under the door left side of dash kick panel. Above the hood release lever somewhere?

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
For what you can sell the 2 cats for 1/2 pays for second car, great find !