TheDons track, easy entry, 09 ss/tc build #273

TheDon

So pumped getting closer just did Vin inspection for the Montana route now I mail in and wait 6 to 8 weeks there saying.

jayrolls

So pumped getting closer just did Vin inspection for the Montana route now I mail in and wait 6 to 8 weeks there saying.
Once they have your paperwork tell them you want to get a temp tag. Takes like a week and you get a 40 day temp for about $50. Start driving sooner.

kalishek

It will be awhile until you see this truck pull up to a neighborhood near you. Do yourself a favor and make a dolly ( MY 2x4’s are long ) but I didn’t want to cut them to use just for this , So I found some carpet the neighbor was throwing away. Put your Goblin on your dolly so you can haul it inside and want need to worry about unloading.

Neighbors watching the FF5R semi pull up, "Well, there goes the neighborhood!" Long sigh....
KAL

TheDon

All my neighbors want rides, I live on a dirt dead end road and had to weld up a custom box grader for my old tractor so the goblin can make it to the pavement. They all came out thanking me for fixing the road, but it was for the goblin

Attachments

TheDon

Been searching the forum for info on putting my naca ducts on inside of hood. Seems like putting hood on and off will be a 2 person job while jacked up after adding ducts? Weighing my options putting on the outside should be pretty straightforward but thinking inside would look cleaner

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Been searching the forum for info on putting my naca ducts on inside of hood. Seems like putting hood on and off will be a 2 person job while jacked up after adding ducts? Weighing my options putting on the outside should be pretty straightforward but thinking inside would look cleaner
I've been putting off the footwell cover and hood install. I had a hinge plan all worked up in my head and then I remembered the ducts. I also wanted to mount them on the inside, but I've finally decided it's going to be a normal install. Now I just need to get it wrapped so I can get the ducts installed.

TheDon

Started with drill bit on dremel but didn't work ended up drilling a bunch of holes and playing connect the dots with a small cut off wheel then filled and sanded. Put 4 rivets in each going to see how easy it is to put hood on and off and will sandwiche some screens between duct and hood before riveting next time