Theft deterrent wires??

wallace58

On my 2007 Cobalt SS SC I have 2 wires not addressed in the video that I can tell. BCM C1 connector pin 3 purple & pin 4 tan/black go to a hood ajar switch. It seems to me maybe I should ground pin 3 and remove pin 4. Any ideas? Thanks again. The help on this forum is awesome!!!:p

BD9BB0FC-EEF3-49EE-815B-FE6643C75CE4.jpeg

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I would not physically remove the ajar pin just in case the wiring diagram isn’t exactly correct. The newer models have the switch drawn in a little different so it might not work the way you think. If you still have the switch you might confirm that it swaps the connection. The new one looks like it might have worked a little differently. But if the diagram is correct as drawn, you should be okay.

wallace58

I am working on my wire harness. On the wiring harness video Part 4 at the end they mention a green and blue wire. Is that for the horn and radiator fan?

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I am working on my wire harness. On the wiring harness video Part 4 at the end they mention a green and blue wire. Is that for the horn and radiator fan?

What minute mark are you referring to? I believe you are talking about the 7:18 mark.
This was in the comments of the video: Loose Blue and Green wire @ 7:10 - is blue = center brake light and green = reverse light? These were the same color and function on my build.

The Fuse Box end stays in the engine bay, so something back there does make sense. The BCM ends up under the passengers feet behind a kick panel. That doesn't mean much yet as the wires do get stretched back and forth. Sorry for not being precise, it's been a year since I worked on my harness.

And, this video, right?

Last edited:

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Just be sure not to make the SC wiring mistake where you put all the green wires together. When you cut out the green pack, there is 1 green wire in the area that does not get cut and joined. Many others made the mistake, I did not luckily somehow.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Just be sure not to make the SC wiring mistake where you put all the green wires together. When you cut out the green pack, there is 1 green wire in the area that does not get cut and joined. Many others made the mistake, I did not luckily somehow.
I'm not sure if that's an issue in the '07's. From my vague memory of that debacle, it was only an '06 issue but I could be mistaken!

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
My donor was an '07 SS. I followed the videos and even though I had a lot of questions/issues, the green wire issue wasn't one of them.