Things to do while quarantined...

Indy Lonnie

First a big shout-out to Leathalcast for figuring out how to build a cold air intake. Here are his posts...

I took it one more step and wanted it to pull cold air only. I purchased 2 Spectre Performance 8130 Small Air Filter Heat Shields. It fits in tight and snug. I first used aluminum tape inside the 2 shields to connect the two halves. I then drilled the shields and screwed the air filter to the assembly. Once everything was screwed together, the assembly was very sturdy. I also made a rubber mount for the piping out of a hardware pipe hanger and some 1/4" rubber hose. It turned out great. I used the DF supplied air filter because this is what I was on the car when it was tuned. There are better flowing filters the same size with another cone of air filter pleats in the center. If I had it to do over again, I would have used the better filter like Lethalcast used.

Here are the installation pics:

IMG_4609.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4612.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4615.JPG
IMG_4618.JPG
IMG_4619.JPG
IMG_4620.JPG
IMG_4616.JPG

Last edited:

Indy Lonnie

Day 3 of goblin isolation...

I just posted this on one of my other threads. If you haven't replaced your timing chain guide bolt with Dorman 917-954, do it now. It took less than 5 minutes. Mine was loose and backing out. It's too easy not to do and have peace of mind... There have been class action lawsuits and many ecotecs blow because of the timing chain guide bolt failing!

IMG_4638.JPG

The bolt on the right is the Dorman 917-954. The cap in center and the bolt on the left is what the Dorman replaces.
IMG_4639.JPG
IMG_4640.jpg

Last edited:

Indy Lonnie

More simple upgrades...

I decided to change out my headlights for some LEDs. I posted another thread about headlights last year. After some of the posts in that thread, I was concerned that I might burn out the connectors for the headlight bulbs. This turned out not to be a concern. I drove my Goblin close to 3000 miles last year for a time reference. Anyways I purchased and installed BEAMTECH H4 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000 Lumens Extremely Brigh (9003 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit. I found this LED headlight set because it was recommended by Dyno Man via Adam in my thread above... Because of the heat-exchanger built into the unit, it was a tight fit into the headlight housing, but it fit with a little wiggling. The color is nice a bright white at 6500K.
IMG_4641.JPG
IMG_4649.JPG

No burnt connecters....
IMG_4643.JPG

IMG_4645.JPG

Just the parking lights...
IMG_4646.JPG

6500K, nice bright white color.
IMG_4648.JPG

Last edited:

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
More simple upgrades...

I decided to change out my headlights for some LEDs. I posted another thread about headlights last year. After some of the posts in that thread, I was concerned that I might burn out the connectors for the headlight bulbs. This turned out not to be a concern. I drove my Goblin close to 3000 miles last year for a time reference. Anyways I purchased and installed BEAMTECH H4 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000 Lumens Extremely Brigh (9003 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit. I found this LED headlight set because it was recommended by Dyno Man via Adam in my thread above... Because of the heat-exchanger built into the unit, it was a tight fit into the headlight housing, but it fit with a little wiggling. The color is nice a bright white at 6500K.
View attachment 12624View attachment 12625

No burnt connecters....
View attachment 12626
View attachment 12627

Just the parking lights...
View attachment 12628

6500K, nice bright white color.
View attachment 12629
I used the same type set up LED BULBS but a different brand what a difference with my headlights.

Indy Lonnie

Rear Wing

I got lucky and KLMotorsports decided to sell a 60" Nine Lives Racing wing he had ordered. We met Monday, bumped elbows and talked for awhile. I got my wing I had been dreaming of for months now... Thanks again Ken!

I came home that night and ordered 1/4" - 20 heim-joints and turnbuckles from QA1. I also ordered 1/8" cable and swagless fittings off of Ebay for the cross-bracing. The stand are from DF. I had originally ordered the wing with my kit, but the wing fell through as you all know. Fortunately DF shipped the wing stands with my order and they have sat for over a year. Until now...

Man is it thing solid. The car will move before the wing will deflect.

WOW... I couldn't be happier.

IMG_4653.JPG
IMG_4658.JPG
IMG_4655.JPG
IMG_4654.JPG
IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4657.JPG

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
A320 - I recognize that instrument panel! Angels 38+ at .79 mach - almost max cruising altitude and max nominal mach, but that thin air really allows you to scoot! :cool:

Last edited:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Good Evening,
Looks good .... Must be nice some of us still have to work ..... (actually not complaining but still a little jealous)....
Bruce
View attachment 12702
11 total passengers
Haha, my dad helped park planes in ATL last week then they sent him home. He is in 777s for Delta. No date to return. So don't be too sad!

Nuker-

Indy Lonnie

Finishing up other projects...

Last July I bought a 2000 BMW K1200LT off of a friends father that was getting elderly and selling off some of his stuff. The price was to good to pass. So it has set backseat to the Goblin since last July. I finally got into it last week and ordered parts. It needed a battery, all new fuel lines, tank seals, oil change and a fuel pump. The fuel and tank was a mess - nasty bright orange old gas with yellow powdery coating on everything. The fairing or "tupperware" takes about a half hour to take off and about an hour to put back on. All said and done, it runs good and cleaned up nicely. Once this quarantine time is over, I need to drive it to the BMV to get it titled and registered. I always wanted a touring bike. With this one so cheap, this will be a good way to see if the touring thing sticks without paying $30,000+.
IMG_4663.JPG
IMG_4664.JPG

KLMOTORSPORTS

Rear Wing

I got lucky and KLMotorsports decided to sell a 60" Nine Lives Racing wing he had ordered. We met Monday, bumped elbows and talked for awhile. I got my wing I had been dreaming of for months now... Thanks again Ken!

I came home that night and ordered 1/4" - 20 heim-joints and turnbuckles from QA1. I also ordered 1/8" cable and swagless fittings off of Ebay for the cross-bracing. The stand are from DF. I had originally ordered the wing with my kit, but the wing fell through as you all know. Fortunately DF shipped the wing stands with my order and they have sat for over a year. Until now...

View attachment 12687View attachment 12688View attachment 12689View attachment 12690View attachment 12691
View attachment 12692
Wing looks good! Glad you are happy with it Lonnie....take care!

PyroGuy923

Rear Wing

View attachment 12691
Few wang questions
1. What mount style are those?
2. Where are they welded at?
3. Any links to the 1/4" - 20 heim-joints, turnbuckles, 1/8" cable, and swagless fittings

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Few wang questions
1. What mount style are those?
2. Where are they welded at?
3. Any links to the 1/4" - 20 heim-joints, turnbuckles, 1/8" cable, and swagless fittings
Those are the standard mounts. I spec'd Exocet mounts welded at 27" for my own wing (not mounted yet because I'm still drawing up my pylons). I know they're the standard ones because I requested an RMA to have them cut off and replaced.