Top Entry Bar Wrap

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I've seen a couple builds that had wrapping of some sort on the upper bar of the cabin. About elbow height on the entry. My question is for those of you that wrapped this bar, what did you use?

1678719705703.png

TravMac

You can also buy pre-formed carbon fiber for high scratch prone areas on tubes too. JEGS or Summit sell it for pretty cheap and it doesn't look too bad. Haven't done it with mine yet, but been thinking about it seeing how people get in and out of this thing.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Post pics when installed please. I've been debating getting these for a while. Have some scratches from the seat belt buckles and whatnot I'd like to cover

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I don't know if you can cancel your order, but it's substantially cheaper on summit even after you figure in shipping.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I don't know if you can cancel your order, but it's substantially cheaper on summit even after you figure in shipping.
I paid more to have it here by the weekend, I'm entered in the autocross this weekend and wanted them in place before the event. I'm anticipating having a few riders. Since I damaged my passenger side bar (chipped the red to the silver base layer) I wanted something in place to help protect it. That's what I get for waiting last minute to deal with this.

Also, Amazon is super easy to return stuff. If it's complete trash, I can easily send it back for a full refund. Summit would have charged me a restock fee and shipping fee so this was a more expensive, but safer route.

Rttoys said:
Swimming pool noodles.
I may do this on the small bar that my knee rests against while cruising. The bare bar bothers my knee after 45 minutes or so.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I may do this on the small bar that my knee rests against while cruising. The bare bar bothers my knee after 45 minutes or so.
JBinTX found a Velcro scrap bar cushion thing we use at autocross for where your knee digs in at the bar. Works great. I’ll take a pic next time in in the hangar.

oh. And the passengers are more prone to kicking the mirror than damaging the paint on the cage. :p

RITDR

I did carbon 1/2 tubes. Started with the black foam bar wrap (noodles) but they started to crush and tear from entry/exit.
These have been holding up really well so far. Used 3M tape to attach them, and Tesa tape to cover the seam between the 2 pieces to keep them from catching on pant legs. Going to try to find a cleaner looking alternative to the tape, but it has worked well so far.

Attachments

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I like that. My carbon tubes got damaged in transport and cancelled. I ended up using foam but don’t like it much.