Towerdog's Indiana Street Goblin Build (#250) 07 SS/SC Donor

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Its powder coated. I opted not to move it when I was making mods.
The bolt holes are not seen and somewhat protected. A little nail polish to cover the bare metal and no one will be the wiser that the powder coating had been removed. Easier than trying to grind off the plastic on the clutch pedal that would likely weaken it.

baustin

Here's what I did for my clutch pedal:

I didn't want to bend the mounting bracket because I wanted the pedal throw to be straight, not an arc. I used. Grinder to shave down the side and then epoxyed an washer up to to maintain the button press surface.

Ross

Goblin Guru
So has anyone had this happen? The boss for the bottom clutch switch is hitting the steering shaft before it is even in place. And of course the switch hits on the outside of the boss so it cannot be trimmed. 07 SC donor

View attachment 21824

My top switch fix has both N/O & N/C is it possible to wire both to the one micro switch? I know that the purpose of the bottom is to ensure that the clutch is ALL the way in before the starting circuit will be energized.

View attachment 21825
I had that issue too. I bent the clutch mount a little, trimmed the plastic clutch arm a little, and called it close enough.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Went the route of trimming the boss down a bit,,,, Part of the problem was I needed to grind down the top section were it bolted to the firewall as it was hitting the DF mount and tweaking the angle.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
So my build is pretty much at a stand still aside from a wire here a bolt there. I want to mount my fuel tank and get the engine in but I have a few unanswered questions on a few things.

How does the supercharger heat exchange lines connect to the Pex in the tunnel?

How is the clutch line supposed to be routed in the engine bay? I think mine got bent in transit

CodyP

Well its about as far as I can go with it till the clutch kit gets here to re-mate it with the transmission.

View attachment 19590
It came out beautifully! I saw you cleaned the plastic ecotec/SC fuel rail cover, How did you go about this? What did you use to paint the engine? Did you powder coat the valve covers and SC? I can only hope I'm able to get mine half as pretty.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
It came out beautifully! I saw you cleaned the plastic ecotec/SC fuel rail cover, How did you go about this? What did you use to paint the engine? Did you powder coat the valve covers and SC? I can only hope I'm able to get mine half as pretty.
I just washed the fuel rail cover w dish soap then hit it with F11. The engine is Duplicolor engine primer and paint.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Well after yesterdays mind warping wiring mess with no end in sight I took a day off from working on it today. Was planning on having it running by the end of the week but aside from the gremlins in the wiring Im still waiting on the fuel pump and the new axle seals to show up. Maybe next weekend...

20210326_192815 (1).jpg

CodyP

Well after yesterdays mind warping wiring mess with no end in sight I took a day off from working on it today. Was planning on having it running by the end of the week but aside from the gremlins in the wiring Im still waiting on the fuel pump and the new axle seals to show up. Maybe next weekend...

View attachment 22302
I think you and I may have a very similar color scheme by the time were both finished. How do you plan to finish the hood cowl? :eek:

MR.812

We have had ever color for the frame and body and then change our minds.We just are so undecided. I want it to be like my 74 roadrunner. Sublime and black. But we want it to be different to. We were just looking at wraps today.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I think you and I may have a very similar color scheme by the time were both finished. How do you plan to finish the hood cowl? :eek:
Printed wrap on the top that has red in it and then matt black or blk carbon fiber on the rest and side panels

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
We have had ever color for the frame and body and then change our minds.We just are so undecided. I want it to be like my 74 roadrunner. Sublime and black. But we want it to be different to. We were just looking at wraps today.
I didn't decide until I was at the powder coater. I went with a shade or two lighter than my wheels for some contrast.

Not sure what I like most... your shop or the cars!

CodyP

Printed wrap on the top that has red in it and then matt black or blk carbon fiber on the rest and side panels
I'm thinking I'm going to with gray and carbon fiber on most. Maybe some dark cherry red or plum accents here and there. Yours will look great!

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Well not much to update.... I just hit my busy time of year and now I travel every week only to be home on the weekends which are mostly consumed in getting ready for the following week. Yesterday was spent wiring my buddies garage (guy that has helped me move the frame every time).

Today I found the gremlin that was causing the tail lights to do wacky things..... Corroded ground wire! The rest of the progress on the car consisted of finishing the headlight wiring along with the what was left up front, (going to have to get a raccoon plug in my horn for me!). Making a mount for the catch can, and mounting the fuel filter and running the lines, Bleeding the clutch and brakes.
Next weekend I hope to get the fuse box BACK in the car and finish the rest of the wiring and get it running.

Attachments