Towerdog's Indiana Street Goblin Build (#250) 07 SS/SC Donor

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
There are some wires that are black but not a ground, and some black wires are grounds that go to things like the wiper motor to ground the wiper motor. So they do not need to be grounded.

The light gray connector in the fusebox has one black wire that should be cut that went to the wiper motor and another cut large black or purple wire that went to the rear window defroster.

In early Goblin donors, the rear window defroster's wire was purple but later they changed to black, probably to hide it better.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Well an update... I had this week to partially work on the car, Gave it all its fluids today with only one slight leak and one explosive one. The slight leak of course was the intercooler plumbing and it was a connection in the tunnel so I had to drill that out to get to it. The explosive leak was the high pressure fuel line at the filter..... The fittings were just slid on and not seated a few weeks ago due to not having hose clamps for them yet. Took that blast right in the leg!
I am still waiting on some cheap seats off eBay to show up since NRGs are BO till mid July, All the wrap material will be here next week, My tires came in yesterday and I was planning on doing the alignment tomorrow, Even had a couple friends that were coming over to sit in it while I did it. But the tire shop is booked out till next week so maybe next weekend.
I have a trade show to do in Dallas next week so I set it up with DF to stop say hi and get my MCO.. Put a call in to my neighbor to come and inspect it to apply for a title. And luckily was able to keep my calendar clear for the week after next so I should be able to wrap it up then.

Ohh yea forgot to mention.. I started it today. One touch of the key and she came alive and purred like a kitten... Well almost the idle was a smidge high when it first fired but my guess is that had something to do with the gas fumes on the air filter from above mentioned gas leak.

Last edited:

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I had a fuel line blow off of the pump hat on account of not having clamps and trusting the barbed fitting during one of my early attempts to start too. I didn't catch it until I saw a huge puddle from multiple key on pump cycles. At least you caught yours pretty quick lol

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I had a fuel line blow off of the pump hat on account of not having clamps and trusting the barbed fitting during one of my early attempts to start too. I didn't catch it until I saw a huge puddle from multiple key on pump cycles. At least you caught yours pretty quick lol
2 1/2" to the left and I would have been running straight for the shower! Years ago I had the pot full of lacquer based primer on a quart sprayer fall off the gun and splashed up my shorts!! Thats like having napalm in your shorts!

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Well this week so far I managed to slip some time to the Goblin and got the two side panels wrapped and installed, Ad some $17 farm store rubber floor matts, Finnish the alignment and take it for a spin!

20210505_094736.jpg

20210505_170750.jpg

The Pros: It tracked straight didnt seem squirrely at all, Trans ran smooth... Big relief! Had planned to keep it under 40mph but 2nd gear at moderate throttle puts it over 60 pretty quick!

The Cons: It felt like the clutch was only disengaging at the very end of the stroke so I put it back in the shop. Sure enough there is brake fluid leaking out from the bottom of the bell housing where it meets the block.. Can't tell were exactly it is coming from, Going to have to wait till I can get someone to cycle the pedal while I watch with the camera to see where it is leaking.... The worst place possible to have an issue. If its the slave cylinder or the clutch pipe I have to drop the engine and pull the tranny off!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
O-ring in the aluminum fitting? Is the fitting fully engaged and the wire clip holding? This would be 'easier' than digging into the slave cylinder. Hope it's nothing too serious.

dastrups

Looking good!! That is good to hear it was tracking straight. Must be heart wrenching to see a leak coming from bellhousing. Hopefully just a missing seal on the clutch pipe fitting.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I know reaching that clutch pipe can be a pain. I undid the 4 subframe bolts, the side engine mounts, and lowered the engine/subframe/transmission a few inches. Made reaching that clutch pipe a lot easier.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Good news the leak is in the clutch elbow, Ordered a new elbow from ZZP,,, Im not digging around in a tight space like that and still have to worry about something. That will make every thing from the pedal to the clutch new.

Bonehead thing that brought me upright at 5AM,,, I forgot to sent a check with my application for a VIN. That's going to add a couple weeks!!

Also developed a slight leak at the heat exchanger were the plastic fitting threads in.. So if I'm going to drain that system I'm going to add a high output pump and replace the plug while I'm at it. The one in it runs but will change speed if you pull the plug one way or the other.

Last edited:

dastrups

Good news the leak is in the clutch elbow, Ordered a new elbow from ZZP,,, Im not digging around in a tight space like that and still have to worry about something. That will make every thing from the pedal to the clutch new.

Bonehead thing that brought me upright at 5AM,,, I forgot to sent a check with my application for a VIN. That's going to add a couple weeks!!

Also developed a slight leak at the heat exchanger were the plastic fitting threads in.. So if I'm going to drain that system I'm going to add a high output pump and replace the plug while I'm at it. The one in it runs but will change speed if you pull the plug one way or the other.
Nice! Great to hear you don’t have to take the engine out again.