Towerdog's Indiana Street Goblin Build (#250) 07 SS/SC Donor

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
FYI for those of you that haven't tried it yet Zep 505 is an awesome degreaser and cleaner. I discovered it when I was restoring my absolutely filthy 1950s South Bend lathe. Spray it on and let it sit for a minute and wash it off. I get it by the gallon at Menards.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
SAVE BIG MONEY AT Menards! I kinda miss that jingle.
Be careful with the ZEP, it can turn your aluminum powdery white if you leave it on too long.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Yea I got a gallon of the Zep industrial purple cleaner for the engine and trans,,,,, Haven't tried it yet but I'm guessing it will be the same with aluminum. I will most likely paint the engine and trans or at least clear it if I can get it clean enough. Valve cover and Supercharger will be powder coated to match the frame. The project budget on this is starting to look like the counter on a progressive slot machine in Vegas!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Easy to do, running up the bill on your build. All those shiny new parts and they would look sooo good on your Goblin! I've got north of $26K wrapped up in my car so far and all I have to show for it is a bare frame and lots and lots and LOTS of boxes. :p

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
20201022_151143.jpgWell it has rained here all week so I havnt been able to pour the floor for the new building so I was able to get the epoxy poured on a desk for a guy that has been sitting in the way of the donor since June.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
20201022_133746.jpg

And just so I feel like I am making progress on the build I have pulled and cleaned the first part.... kinda like roofing a house before putting the foundation in!

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
So building/tearing apart is finally underway! Got the donor inside yesterday and today the weather outside is not suitable to work on the new building. Got most of the interior taken out and I am up to $0.84 so far in change!

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I found a different sort of value in my donor. I found a BIC lighter (used it for all my soldering/heat shrink!) and a chew toy for my neighbor's bull dog.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Easy to do, running up the bill on your build. All those shiny new parts and they would look sooo good on your Goblin! I've got north of $26K wrapped up in my car so far and all I have to show for it is a bare frame and lots and lots and LOTS of boxes. :p
Wow 26k already? What are your big expenditures?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Wow 26k already? What are your big expenditures?
Don't want to hijack Towerdog's thread, but there is very little of the donor left - wiring harness, subframe - everything else has been replaced with new or rebuilt. Adds up $$$ quick. My build log has many of these detailed.
Sorry Towerdog. :)

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Don't want to hijack Towerdog's thread, but there is very little of the donor left - wiring harness, subframe - everything else has been replaced with new or rebuilt. Adds up $$$ quick. My build log has many of these detailed.
Sorry Towerdog. :)
No worries...