Towerdog's Indiana Street Goblin Build (#250) 07 SS/SC Donor

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
That is the footwell option, yes. The primary purpose of it is to keep the hot radiator air from washing over you while driving. It also hides what can rapidly become a spider's web of wires.

The hood and footwell cover fit fine together.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
That is the footwell option, yes. The primary purpose of it is to keep the hot radiator air from washing over you while driving. It also hides what can rapidly become a spider's web of wires.

The hood and footwell cover fit fine together.
Until you decide to mount speakers in the footwell cover. :p Ark, you didn't post if the worked out or not in your build log.

Goblin Guru
Until you decide to mount speakers in the footwell cover. :p Ark, you didn't post if the worked out or not in your build log.
I haven't tried it yet. I don't have my hood here (stored it somewhere to protect it from my wife) ... will have it back here somewhat soon then maybe I can work on the audio.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Spoke too soon on the hardest thing..... The tunnel cover is much worse! It must have pulled when it was welded in because it is the same size as the cover. I tried C clamps and steel angle to bend it in with no luck... Not going to break out the torch relax it so I cut the cover into three pieces, have to use a clamp to get one end of the cover started and work the rest of it down. Will not be putting rivet nuts on this due to clearance issues. I will just rivet it on with aluminum rivets so it is easy to drill them out if I need in there again.

20210228_163458.jpg

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I used a large pair of water pump pliers to squeeze the tunnel enough for the tunnel cap to fit. A rubber mallet also helped a little.

PaulPerger

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Well, Loaded up the frame last night to make the one hour trip to the powder coater. Took an extra lap around the shop this morning tomake sure I didnt forget anything. Half way there,,, Crap forgot the fuel tank that was under the boat, Get there and start going over things with him and crap I forgot the subframe! So this guy gets to make an extra 2 hour round trip today!

Goblin Guru
I just rattle-canned my subframe gloss black. My powder coater did my frame and misc parts for $385 but wanted an extra $185 to do the subframe too. That was a quick "nope" from me.

The gloss black looks good and it's holding up fine so far, but it shows a lot of dirt/dust.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I just rattle-canned my subframe gloss black. My powder coater did my frame and misc parts for $385 but wanted an extra $185 to do the subframe too. That was a quick "nope" from me.

The gloss black looks good and it's holding up fine so far, but it shows a lot of dirt/dust.
I would have but it really needs sand blasted and my blaster is currently loaded w coal slag, didnt want a big black spot in the drive.
All my other parts from the donor are rattle caned. My go to on that is Dupli Color caliper paint. Holds up real good.