Towerdog's Indiana Street Goblin Build (#250) 07 SS/SC Donor

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Have you redecided to sell? Did you completely fix your clutch issues?
Clutch is fixed. 400 miles with no issues. And yes I have another project I want to do... weird but that is how I work.... although this is the hardest one to give up... the airplanes went easy because they weren't as easy to jump into and run to town in.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
So I made my first road trip yesterday. Impromptu 300 mile roundtrip with my buddies on their Harleys up to South Haven MI for lunch. On a fuel stop on the way back one of them said "Notice how this trip we got alot more waves and thumbs up? We must have good looking bikes!"

RITDR

Haven't posted in awhile but since he hasn't mentioned it, RITDR is the new owner of frame #250! It was hard to see it go and even worse that my replacement toy will not be here till next spring.

View attachment 27948
Lee, I’m glad you posted this and I feel I should take the time to publicly thank you for selling me you car. You built a great Goblin!
You were super cool to work with, and I appreciate the questions you have answered for me.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Im sure most of you know this and I dont remember were I saw this done. But what a great idea for hiding zip ties.

View attachment 21139
I've never seen this before but it's brilliant. A couple of stupid questions:

What's the easy way to bend washers, especially in bulk?

How do you get the washer to stand off the frame enough to get a zip tie between it and the frame?

I know enough about welding to be dangerous and make real welders roll their eyes, but I think this is something I can handle.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I've never seen this before but it's brilliant. A couple of stupid questions:

What's the easy way to bend washers, especially in bulk?

How do you get the washer to stand off the frame enough to get a zip tie between it and the frame?

I know enough about welding to be dangerous and make real welders roll their eyes, but I think this is something I can handle.
I bent them in a press brake but there are other ways to bend them such as clamping them in a vise and smacking them with a hammer. Or harbor freight sells a brake attachment for a vise.

RITDR

First post as the new owner of #250. After purchasing this Goblin last year I just drove it through fall and have had it parked during the winter season. I told Lee I was going to continue with his build thread as I make changes and modifications. So, this is my first update post.
Just recently got the springs powder coated red, and added a vinyl wrap. Found a local shop that does custom designs, and had them do this for me. Turned out great!
CEEAB08B-326B-469E-9E71-CFBAFF9DD4EC.jpeg

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
First post as the new owner of #250. After purchasing this Goblin last year I just drove it through fall and have had it parked during the winter season. I told Lee I was going to continue with his build thread as I make changes and modifications. So, this is my first update post.
Just recently got the springs powder coated red, and added a vinyl wrap. Found a local shop that does custom designs, and had them do this for me. Turned out great!View attachment 30202
The wrap looks awesome curious what an average cost of a wrap is?

RITDR

The vinyl was $750, and was custom designed based on what I told them I was looking for.
This was designed by Lance at Flawless Signs in Ohio. https://flawlesssigns.com/
I installed the vinyl on the sides, but had them wrap the hood. That was a $450 piece of vinyl and I wasn’t going to risk messing it up. Lol

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
The vinyl was $750, and was custom designed based on what I told them I was looking for.
This was designed by Lance at Flawless Signs in Ohio. https://flawlesssigns.com/
I installed the vinyl on the sides, but had them wrap the hood. That was a $450 piece of vinyl and I wasn’t going to risk messing it up. Lol
Thanks that is about the price I was estimating it turned out great worth it!

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
So no about the Goblin, but I purchased a Scion XB 5 speed last fall to counter the extraordinary price increase on rental car prices and the climbing costs of gas. I drove it down to New Orleans for a trade show,,, went to get it out this afternoon and when he pulled it up I could smell it. The clutch was smoked! When I layer into him as to why he didn't just get me instead of driving it his response was "I'm sorry sir I tried my best". First manager asked if they could get it inspected,,,, showed him the pic below and stated this is what it takes to "inspect" a clutch. You are putting a new one in! Second manager that showed up drives a 5.0 5sp and agreed it was gone... short story long I decided to try and nurse it the 900 miles home and they are going to pay for a new clutch.

Attachments

PaulPerger

So no about the Goblin, but I purchased a Scion XB 5 speed last fall to counter the extraordinary price increase on rental car prices and the climbing costs of gas. I drove it down to New Orleans for a trade show,,, went to get it out this afternoon and when he pulled it up I could smell it. The clutch was smoked! When I layer into him as to why he didn't just get me instead of driving it his response was "I'm sorry sir I tried my best". First manager asked if they could get it inspected,,,, showed him the pic below and stated this is what it takes to "inspect" a clutch. You are putting a new one in! Second manager that showed up drives a 5.0 5sp and agreed it was gone... short story long I decided to try and nurse it the 900 miles home and they are going to pay for a new clutch.
That SUCKS!!!!

RITDR

Been working on this dual gauge mount the last couple of days. Stock boost gauge, and AEM A/F gauge, and still had room for the ambient light sensor.
Stock boost gauge will prob be replaced with an AEM unit later this year, which will fit right in the same spot.

Thanks to Mayor West for providing some measurements on the light sensor cutout. Save me a little trial and error.

Attachments

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Been working on this dual gauge mount the last couple of days. Stock boost gauge, and AEM A/F gauge, and still had room for the ambient light sensor.
Stock boost gauge will prob be replaced with an AEM unit later this year, which will fit right in the same spot.

Thanks to Mayor West for providing some measurements on the light sensor cutout. Save me a little trial and error.
Do you have the file for that

RITDR

Do you have the file for that
Yes, there are 3 files. The mounting piece, a spacer for the boost gauge to line it up with the AEM gauge, and the cap/clamp for the rear of the OEM boost gauge. I’ll post the files here, and in Mayor West’s 3D print file thread.