Track Apps

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'm looking for input on track apps for autocross. I have TrackAddict (free version) and before I upgrade to the pro version, I want to see if there are others out there that might be better. I don't have any problems with it, just want to know if there are better options. I have a VeePeak OBDII and the MPVI 2. The VeePeak works using Bluetooth (BLE) with my iPhone whereas the MPVI 2 doesn't support the iPhone.

Thoughts?

Ross

Goblin Guru
My GoPro 5 and 7 have GPS, which can be turned on, then giving some statistics if you use the GoPro software.
I used a bit of it at 2:30 in this video. I think there is more statistics than just the ones I used. (Direction, speed & G forces)
I wish I would have given my GoPro a good 20 minutes to acquire the satellites after I hopped on an airplane. Normally doesn't take that long, but the GoPro wasn't expecting me to be in a different state.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I know this isn't exactly what you're interested in but RaceBox seems to have a pretty comprehensive offering for lap times and other analytics. Kinda spendy though.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
A bunch of us use Racecapture and Solostorm.

Racecapture connects your obd2 to bluetooth and a high resolution gps you can run on android tablets.

Solostorm allows everyone to upload their selected runs so different competitors can analyze each other's data. The software has GPS triggers for start and finish and breaks the track into sectors to make it easier to figure out what you did differently to gain or lose time while simultaneously comparing your runs.

Last edited: