Track Day Monster 2009 SS/TC Track Frame

dperkins

I've made sure of that haha. Got the circuit board out right now and am looking for something broken

dperkins

Success! (Sort of). I have located the problem. After I fixed pin B10 being loose I tried again, but it didn't work. I looked at the crank relay again to see what's wrong with it, and when I tried to start it, the relay only got 2.9v. I don't think that is enough, but I could short pin 30 and pin 87 and now it worked for some reason.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Start on one end of your goblin and post pics of all of your grounds and of your wiring connections.

All of your symptoms sound ground related.

Have you heard your fuel pump running at any point when you first turn on the ignition? It with not run everytime you turn on the ignition, usually after it has been off for a few minutes.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Ditto with what Lonny said. It also sounds like a comm issue if your throttle butterfly isn't moving. Have you looked at the tan twisted wires?

dperkins

My fuel pump always turns on when I turn the ignition on. Here are all the ground connections.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Brian, what tan twisted wires? Those coming from the throttle butterfly connection?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The tan is the brown and brown/blk twisted wires. Otherwise known as tan and tan/blk. They are easy to identify as they are the only set of that color that is twisted the entire way. They need to start at the power steering box, and then go to the BCM and the to the ECM. Those data wires are very important and need to be interconnected to all three.

dperkins

There we go! The problem was (of course) a ground connected to the intake manifold. It had an extremely crappy connection, and rewiring it fixed all the problems. Unfortunately, my gas gauge still doesn't work.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Congrats. Don't forget to reinstall your mandible. It looks like it may have fallen on the floor.

On a side note, I don't think you're supposed to leave your CV axles dangling like that. Pretty sure you can damage the seals that way and cause a leak.

dperkins

Got the rear suspension on today. Finishing up the powdercoating of the front control arms and soon the front suspension will be on as well, and I can get this thing rolling :).

Is this configuration correct for the suspension? I read something on a thread about how there shouldn't be anything sticking up from the top mount.
IMG_4672.JPG

dperkins

Small problem. The passenger side CV axle is not compressing enough to attach the hub to the knuckle. The inner joint seems to be the problem. The driver side inner joint is about .25 inches (3.75 vs 4 in) more compressed than the passenger side, and overall the pass axle is also that much longer.
IMG_4675.JPG

IMG_4676.JPG

(Sorry I know the pictures suck but I don't have 3 hands haha)

George

Goblin Guru
Make sure the stub axles are centered in the subframe. Had to move the engine,transmis sion assemble 0.200" to the left to center it. Was popping out left axles. Moved engine and in taller some high performance axles from The Driveshaft Shop.

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Made three spacers 1" diameter 0.200" thick to fit on the three bolts that hold the engine mount to the cylinder head(the rear one had to be trimmed on one side to fit. on the left just elongated mount bolt holes in frame.
Then made spacer for the rear motor mount on the front motor mount still had the one that was first sent just removed the spacers that were made to make it fit when assembled

Brad

dperkins

That wouldn't work for me because my driver side axle is already fully compressed as far I tell. And it seems like everything is already centered..?

George

Goblin Guru
If the transmission,axles,subframe and steering knuckles are all of the same donor car it could not fail to work.

Brad

dperkins

I'm guessing I somehow broke the axle from the time I took it off the car to now. Forgetting about it for now and working on the front.