Track Day Monster 2009 SS/TC Track Frame

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
So glad you're back Daniel! Your build was crazy! Did you get it on the dyno yet? Really want to see what HP you ended up making! oh, and more pictures please.

dperkins

So glad you're back Daniel! Your build was crazy! Did you get it on the dyno yet? Really want to see what HP you ended up making! oh, and more pictures please.
I'm super happy to be back too! I'm gonna wait till I can drive it around for a bit before hitting the dyno so the engine has a chance to break in and seat rings and whatnot

dperkins

Just as I thought I was going to get the seats in...

The shoulder supports are just a tad too wide :(

Going to see if I can chop an inch off of each shoulder, but I am very reluctant to do so. Probably just going to buy new seats. Dang Pro 2000s...

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Suggest trying space the seat rails outward - slotting holes - or maybe shimming the seats to tip them slightly. There has to be away to squeeze them in before chopping into your new seats. :oops:

dperkins

Suggest trying space the seat rails outward - slotting holes - or maybe shimming the seats to tip them slightly. There has to be away to squeeze them in before chopping into your new seats. :oops:
I decided I'm not going to risk the integrity of the seat and cut it, and instead just sell them and buy new ones. The new sparcos I've chosen will work better with the mounts anyway.

dperkins

Ordered a new seat and will order a nine lives wing soon enough, but now I have to tackle the biggest thing before getting inspected: the parking brake. I tossed my parking brake cables and lever before there was the option of a kit thinking I wouldn't need them. Now I'm stuck designing a custom parking brake assembly but I doubt it will be too difficult (knock on wood). Probably going to buy steel cable, teflon tubes, a parking brake lever, and then a few other misc things to get a parking brake installed.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Agreed, the local boneyard should be your first option. I'm sure other GM cars around the same model year will have enough mechanism similarities that something out of another model car will work for the handle and possibly the tubes. New cables would probably be a must anyway.

kalishek

Was able to make 340 hp with LNF using stock block, ZZP ZFR turbo, Opel Direct injectors, ZZP big fuel lobe cam, and retune of stock ECM on 91 octane fuel. But to get 450 hp at wheels required bumping boost to 32 psi, VP MS109 fuel, and Life Racing ECM with custom tune. Now have ability with LR ECM to switch between tunes by inserting or removing a dongle depending on what fuel is available.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Yes, definitely off subject... but isn't 340 hp sorta on the low end considering the bigger turbo and injectors/cam?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yes, definitely off subject... but isn't 340 hp sorta on the low end considering the bigger turbo and injectors/cam?
340hp on 91 octane with the LNF 2.0L displacement is pretty good, probably the limit of that fuel. 450HP required going to 109 octane race gas.