Trying to create a roof for the goblin.

LS2GTO

Hello fellow Goblin owners,

I looked around the forums for any ideas for a roof for the Goblin and didn't really see much. I live in Arizona and the sun is a little brutal when I'm driving the Goblin around town.

So, I decided I would try to find something that would look decent and provide sun protection at the same time.

I ended up buying a used Polaris rzr cage and roof from Craigslist for $60 and figured I would see what I could do with it.

I'm not sure if this is going to work but heck I thought you guys might be interested. I have ordered some tube clamps, strap hinges, and a rubber hood latch.

Once I get those delivered, I'm going to install and try to create a system where I can hinge the front or back of the roof panel and latch it with the rubber hood latch on the end that opens. That way I can still climb in and out through the top. I hope that makes sense and I'll post pics this weekend once the parts come in. Hopefully it won't be a disaster!

Attachments

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I think if you purchased and Jeep Wrangler JK's Sun Mesh / Fabric Roof kit, then modified it to be tight around the inside of your cage it would look pretty good. They have tons of colors etc.

LS2GTO

I think if you purchased and Jeep Wrangler JK's Sun Mesh / Fabric Roof kit, then modified it to be tight around the inside of your cage it would look pretty good. They have tons of colors etc.
I thought about getting a soft top, but I'm a bigger guy and find it much easier to climb in through the very top of the goblin instead of through the sides. That's why I wanted the top to flip open easily for entry and exit.

Wes

The roof rack I made provides a good bit of protection from the sun. Especially if there's stuff in it. It probably wouldn't be too hard to make it hinge up out of the way.

LS2GTO

Here are some update pics. The strap hinge holes are offset, which is annoying, and made the roof an 1/2 inch off from being center. I will need to special order the correct hinge or try to file out the hole in it to give me some adjustment. It will work for now.

I was going to use just one peterbilt hood strap on the center of the roof in front, but seeing how it would interfer with the mirror, I decided to put one on each side. Will need to order another one of those as well. So far, I think this is going to work out.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Turned out great! I think you did the right thing by putting two straps. Now you have backup protection from the wind catching it. I like the simpleness of it and it easily removable.