Trying to help out with wiring on another goblin 06 ss

Ross

Goblin Guru
That first connector looks like a door connector.
The other ones maybe on these videos.
It helps if we know where you are on the harness, and what connectors are near it.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Door connector was bigger with a lock mechanism IIRC. Looks more like a radio connector with the blue plastic tab

TheDon

They were left after thinning the dash harness, I set them aside and kept going hoping i would figure it out as i continued.
small one reaches to about clutch switch.
Larger one has end of a few wires in knots and are the ones that I think go to button panel.
If I cut one red with black stripe on large connector it will be free from the harness this wire keeps it within 2ft of bcm. I'm thinking on other models these wires probably come off of a connector that is kept?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
These are from an 06 SS/SC on alldatadiy. Maybe one of these? Check the wire colors. Hard to tell how many pin slots on that larger connector. Thought I counted 48.

Attachments

TheDon

Still no clue on the 3 wire blue connector. Saw it left in another early model build. Anyone have bcm plug pinouts looks like I'm missing some of the dash panel wires and would like to add them in and check some of my work I read some of the buttons may have been through steering wheel

baustin

For the 3 wire blue connector, I'm not near my car to confirm but a couple guesses since you say it's part of the dash harness: ignition switch has 2 plugs (maybe it's 1 of them?), the security/keyless entry module, info/return buttons.

I can't recall if the red with white strip was constant hot or switched hot. If it's switched then it's more likely to be info/return. If it's constant hot, then the keyless/security module or ignition 2nd plug would be more likely.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Photo of the connectors on the Cobalt radio amp that's up in the dash. Compare the shape of the connector keying against the harness plugs.

20221208_164635.jpg

baustin

For the 3 wire blue connector, I'm not near my car to confirm but a couple guesses since you say it's part of the dash harness: ignition switch has 2 plugs (maybe it's 1 of them?), the security/keyless entry module, info/return buttons.

I can't recall if the red with white strip was constant hot or switched hot. If it's switched then it's more likely to be info/return. If it's constant hot, then the keyless/security module or ignition 2nd plug would be more likely.
I don't have a close up picture, but the 3 wire blue plug definitely looks like it's the one that plugs into the security/keyless entry module. I have it ziptied to the top of my pedal box and it was broken so it's covered in electrical tape. I see a red wire on the far right, looks the same as your picture.