Tuning from ZZP on "tube chassis"

GoblinGuyZ

Ryan was squawking about this on one of their podcasts a while ago “stop tearin em apart for stupid goblins!”
Unfortunate that you would make a statement like that to alienate a growing segment of your market while the other segment declines daily. The goblin is only becoming more popular with time. Funny that they don't have a problem taking our money tho. Would be much smarter business sense to embrace the market, nothing you say will change how many are sold or used as donors anyway so make the best of it.

GoblinGuyZ

I just checked over my orders and I've spent well over $6000 with them so far and still have to get some turbo stuff and then do a tune. I guarantee thats $6000 more than my donor car would've ever had spent on it.

finazzoty

Unfortunate that you would make a statement like that to alienate a growing segment of your market while the other segment declines daily. The goblin is only becoming more popular with time. Funny that they don't have a problem taking our money tho. Would be much smarter business sense to embrace the market, nothing you say will change how many are sold or used as donors anyway so make the best of it.
Well I mean I think the comment was just in good fun…to an extent lol (he said it with a ‘smile on his face’ sort of way). But I do agree, if you’re really any degree of car enthusiast, it’s pretty plain to see that it doesn’t get much more raw/pure than a tube chassis car - as such, I would think ZZP would be more inclined to cater towards the market segment. Now I will also say, everyone that I have talked to/dealt with at ZZP has been nothing but extremely helpful, particularly Al - they seem to be good guys, I guess they just don’t like big boy race cars lol

finazzoty

I just checked over my orders and I've spent well over $6000 with them so far and still have to get some turbo stuff and then do a tune. I guarantee thats $6000 more than my donor car would've ever had spent on it.
This is also true. I’m up in the 6-7k range as well and still have a few things left from them that I need

GoblinGuyZ

Well I mean I think the comment was just in good fun…to an extent lol (he said it with a ‘smile on his face’ sort of way). But I do agree, if you’re really any degree of car enthusiast, it’s pretty plain to see that it doesn’t get much more raw/pure than a tube chassis car - as such, I would think ZZP would be more inclined to cater towards the market segment. Now I will also say, everyone that I have talked to/dealt with at ZZP has been nothing but extremely helpful, particularly Al - they seem to be good guys, I guess they just don’t like big boy race cars lol
Yes I would have to say the same despite the slightly annoyed with the goblin guys vibe I have no major complaints and their products have never disappointed. Never dealt with Al personally but good to hear and they do seem like decent people with a sense of humor so I'm not bashing them I just wish they embraced the Goblin community more

snirtman

Well I mean I think the comment was just in good fun…to an extent lol (he said it with a ‘smile on his face’ sort of way)
I agree with this. I live about 15 minutes from ZZP and on one of my visits I asked Ryan about his comment face to face. He seemed a little sheepish about getting busted by a Goblin guy face to face, but assured me he was kidding in good fun. I believe him, as I've had several conversations with him about choosing a donor, pros and cons of each Ecotec platform, etc., and always found him very helpful, informative and friendly. If he's anti-Goblin he sure didn't show it with me.

I think @GoblinGuyZ has about the sexiest exhaust I've seen on a Goblin, so now that ZZP now has their own CNC tube bender I asked Ryan about getting a custom exhaust made for my Goblin and possibly putting it in their store. He liked the idea and gave me the business card of their product development guy. I plan to get with them this fall and see what we can come up with. Not trying to copy @GoblinGuyZ , but maybe something similarly cool. ;)

RCK605

It would be nice to see ZZP create a Goblin 'performance package' with an intake, exhaust, and base tune. I'm sure the short catless exhaust effects the tune a but, but the short intake and varying locations of maf sensor probably mess with them the most. If they started to control some of these variables it would make their tuning much easier. They could probably sell it for more than $500 over just a tune as well.

GoblinGuyZ

I agree with this. I live about 15 minutes from ZZP and on one of my visits I asked Ryan about his comment face to face. He seemed a little sheepish about getting busted by a Goblin guy face to face, but assured me he was kidding in good fun. I believe him, as I've had several conversations with him about choosing a donor, pros and cons of each Ecotec platform, etc., and always found him very helpful, informative and friendly. If he's anti-Goblin he sure didn't show it with me.

I think @GoblinGuyZ has about the sexiest exhaust I've seen on a Goblin, so now that ZZP now has their own CNC tube bender I asked Ryan about getting a custom exhaust made for my Goblin and possibly putting it in their store. He liked the idea and gave me the business card of their product development guy. I plan to get with them this fall and see what we can come up with. Not trying to copy @GoblinGuyZ , but maybe something similarly cool. ;)
Haha feel free to copy