Tuning Program Collection / Repository

Iwanttogofast

I'm not seeing this anywhere, but has anyone considered an HP Tuners program catalog collection in the forum? It would be awesome for Goblin builders to post programs with their specific program info. That way, other Goblin builders could download one close to what they have as a baseline, and then tune from there. ???

I have not yet begun to even contemplate how I am going to tackle my tune when I get to that point - other than the fact that it will be through HP Tuners with one of their MPVI2 units. I have no idea what tuning / programming the previous owner of my donor has done, but the Cobalt SS/SC had a 2.9 pulley, dual pass endplate, 60# injectors, ZZP header & midpipe, Borla exhaust, etc. So, I'm sure that something was done as far as tuning. It would be awesome to be able to download another builders program with a similar setup, and then tune from there.

Thoughts?

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Go to engine and transmission
Then go to sub forums right below title and look at tune section

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Although the HP tuners repository doesn’t have modified tunes available, there are still a lot available in their forums. It will be a while before there are enough to choose from on here to be useful for more than the basic setup. It seems like the LNF can be so weird that all you can hope for on it is a semi decent starting point. Each one of them seems to want something different.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I have collected 8 Goblin tunes, and wish I grabbed more before the HP Tuners repository was wiped out.
This forum already has *.hpt tunes on it, and it accepts *.hpl log files too. They are here!
John, If you can find someone with a MPVII tool, it is free to download your tune, and post it here. As long as the last tuner didn't put a password lock on it, which most don't.

Iwanttogofast

I have collected 8 Goblin tunes, and wish I grabbed more before the HP Tuners repository was wiped out.
This forum already has *.hpt tunes on it, and it accepts *.hpl log files too. They are here!
John, If you can find someone with a MPVII tool, it is free to download your tune, and post it here. As long as the last tuner didn't put a password lock on it, which most don't.
I don't know why, but I don't see them. I get goofy search results on this forum compared to other forums that I'm on. Search and Advanced Search don't seem to work properly for me. Are they in a particular thread, or just hit and miss and distributed throughout different posts?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Jay, I fought a lot of exhaust issues when tuning, and most of my log files collected bad data, so I am not sure I have a "normal" running log file to show you. Turns out I had exhaust leaks at the block/exhaust manifold gasket, in the header, in the 3 bolt flange to the muffler, and in the muffler. So pretty much leaking everywhere. Outside oxygen will bounce your O2 sensor, and give you bad data. Check your exhaust for any leaks by seeing carbon deposits, and/or putting a thread on a stick, and check for puffs while the engine is running.

jayrolls

Jay, I fought a lot of exhaust issues when tuning, and most of my log files collected bad data, so I am not sure I have a "normal" running log file to show you. Turns out I had exhaust leaks at the block/exhaust manifold gasket, in the header, in the 3 bolt flange to the muffler, and in the muffler. So pretty much leaking everywhere. Outside oxygen will bounce your O2 sensor, and give you bad data. Check your exhaust for any leaks by seeing carbon deposits, and/or putting a thread on a stick, and check for puffs while the engine is running.
Ross,
It is my understanding that the OEM O2 sensors should switch from low to high and back and fourth. So I actually think that part of what I was looking into has been answered. Hopefully. My AFR runs much closer say 12-15. I’ll double check for any exhaust leaks. I haven’t noticed carbon deposits, but won’t hurt to double check. I also just tried to do the Crank relearn process via VCM scanner, however I’m not sure if it took or not. I’m not sure if the BCM plays any part in the process. The procedures state to engage the parking brake, which goes to the BCM. I don’t have my parking brake wired in so I don’t know if that matters.