turbo goblin for sale (SOLD)

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Adding a cold air intake to a Mustang,
adding some aero fairings to a 350z,
upgrading the tires and wheels on a Challenger,
these are the people who now see themself as car guys.

None of those above have stripped a car down to bare metal.
None of those above have removed an engine, cleaned and upgraded or rebuilt parts of it.
None of those above have assembled a complete custom suspension from boxes of loose parts.
None of those above could do their own alignment.
None of those above can tell you what an OBD code is.
None of those above poured their heart and soul into a months long project that took most people years of financial planning to afford.

There are fewer than about 300 Goblins on the road. And, not many other kit cars besides us. We are in an elite class of true car people. The ordinary car folks eluded to above will never understand our commitment and accomplishment. They can’t. So, there is no possible way they can appreciate the value we have created. None of the Goblins I have seen were sold at a profit, much less recovering the time invested to build it.

Unfortunately “value” is defined by two people who negotiate an agreeable price for an exchange of cash for hardware. Sometimes ulterior motives drive the sale price in the wrong direction. Sometimes life changes and forces a sale.
I would love to see our cars appreciate. Not sure of the formula to make that happen. But, I can tell you that my little Texas flag Goblin will keep those ordinary car folks above dreaming and lusting to be behind my wheel for a long time to come.

Goblin on, friends.

Last edited:

Kenny123

Everyone nailed it haha. I got offered 12k for it I got offered 2 civics for it. I was told that without a title it isn't work what in asking haha. Idk I am more than happy to keep it. At least my conscience is clear knowing I tried.

ccgillett

"Ok guys and gals I am removing this car as being for sale. I have had nothing but people calling and Requesting crazy low offers. looks like the goblin is staying. "
It's really hard to sell speciality cars at anywhere close to the seller's perception of value - this is especially true for purpose-built or full custom cars. There is also a total lack of understanding on the part of most buyers concerning the vehicle's real value.

I've noticed that with production cars with modifications, buyers tend to discount any modifications to zero. So heavily modded production car worth $20,000 with $20K worth of quality (non-BS) mods? Less than $20K. Labor and craftsmanship, no matter how perfectly executed, also valued at zero. When you are doing a kit car, all the "car experts" come out of the woodwork to tut-tut about "oh it's a kit, it's inherently bad and worth almost nothing". It doesn't seem to matter how perfect the build is, these types come out on a regular basis.

When people buy cars they never expect to pay asking price. But I've seen it over and over with race cars, kit cars, and modded cars where people want to pay 50-70% less than asking price, and utterly disrespect the owner/builder.

I'm sorry you were unable to sell the car. I'm even more sorry all my play money is invested in my current Goblin.