Turbo noise

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Definitely let us know! the z57 package comes with the remote tuning as well, but I haven't had time to pull the stock file (or even start the engine build) so I have no idea if I'll have that gobble noise or not (hopefully not). Out of curiosity, where do you have the bpv plumbed to?
Yes I haven’t never done this tuning stuff before, So it definitely takes me awhile to figure this stuff out. I can send you a copy of my latest tune from them with a conservative boost to start with I didn’t want to blow the head gasket again on a new engine with 700 miles on it. That was a pain undoing everything to get engine out.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I don't blame you for avoiding the blown head gasket. I wish there was a better replacement than the stock GM part. I'm going to be running head studs so hopefully it will get a good clamp around everything and hold it all in place >.< Have you tried switching the fitting that the brown bpv connects to? Moving it to that side post that's open I mean in your last picture.

AZmoto

See this thread for reference pic of the bypass solenoid configuration.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I don't blame you for avoiding the blown head gasket. I wish there was a better replacement than the stock GM part. I'm going to be running head studs so hopefully it will get a good clamp around everything and hold it all in place >.< Have you tried switching the fitting that the brown bpv connects to? Moving it to that side post that's open I mean in your last picture.
Yes I used head studs this time , I was shorted a nut and didn’t realize until I went to install so had to wait 2 days for bolt to be delivered

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
According to AZMoto’s link, you have the bpv hose connected to the wrong port. Look over that picture and compare it to your setup. Might fix the gobble.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
@Zoom Zoom That port on the solenoid is open on the zfr turbos, it's a vent.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
@Zoom Zoom That port on the solenoid is open on the zfr turbos, it's a vent.

Yes that’s what ZZPERFORMANCE said also to leave it open.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Yes that’s what ZZPERFORMANCE said also to leave it open.
I'm happy to look at your logs and work with you on the tune and a baseline. Check out the tuning section below and feel free to start a Tune diary of sorts and I/we can help you out

Before you go back and forth with ZZP, make sure your fuel trims are dialed. It's impossible for them to tune your vehicle with trims misaligned.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Definitely let us know! the z57 package comes with the remote tuning as well, but I haven't had time to pull the stock file (or even start the engine build) so I have no idea if I'll have that gobble noise or not (hopefully not). Out of curiosity, where do you have the bpv plumbed to?
This is the answer ZZPERFORMANCE sent after I sent pictures of the way I had the lines routed , He didn’t say anything about them being wrong

Attachments

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
This is the answer ZZPERFORMANCE sent after I sent pictures of the way I had the lines routed , He didn’t say anything about them being wrong
Weird so they don't want that last open port on that solenoid to go to the nipple on the side of the Z54/57? The round tanish plastic piece?

Nuker-

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
According to AZMoto’s link, you have the bpv hose connected to the wrong port. Look over that picture and compare it to your setup. Might fix the gobble.

OK I took the Goblin out for it's first scan but before I went I reversed the vacuum lines and THE GOBLIN STILL GOBBLES :) But I did find out the vacuum cannister is working because it definitely made a vacuum sound when i unplugged it and that's after sitting all night. This thing only gobbles when you left off of gas. :eek:

Last edited:

Adam in CLE

You can watch some of my autoX videos and listen since the GoPro is mounted on the rar bar and picks it up pretty well.

Resurrecting an old post. There is a noise I hear that is a clicking sound that is different than the lifter noise in the video. I have the same on mine and was going to take off the valve cover, turn over the crank by hand or put a bunch of towels around the engine and start it. Before I go through that, do others have that noise?

Mahkoi

I'm guessing you are talking about the same noise I have. I believe it's the HP fuel pump. I did some digging in the cobalt forums when I was trying to figure out what it was and according to all those guys it's normal. You can kinda hear it in the videos is the solid tap that happens about every second. Mine is faster on start up then comes down to that solid every second tap like the video.