Turning off the warning lights on the cluster

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Warning lights on, makes my CDO go nuts, so I want to eliminate them. i was going to take it to my speedometer guy to remove the bulbs, but figured I’d give it a go first. My solution is pretty simple and cheap........free. All you need is a small screwdriver and electrical tape.

with the cluster out:
-Pull top cover by pushing the little tabs with a small screwdriver.
-Pull inner cover the same way.
-Mark where the needles are, so you can put them back in the same place on install.
-Pry gently on the bottom of needles, with a small screwdriver to remove them.
-Pull decorative cover
-See which ones you want to eliminate, by looking through the cover and put electrical tape over the lights :D
-this is a good time to clean everything
- put the decorative cover on
-Align needles with your marks and push down. Start a little north of where you want them and rotate counter-clockwise, then push down.
-Snap both other covers on
- BAM lights eliminated :cool:

Attachments

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
You marked with the sharpie and it came off no problems? I didn't see the actual marks in the pic with the decorative cover off

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
When I did this to mine last year, it took a few attempts to get the speedo arm in the right spot, the cover is easily taken off and adjusted while installed in the car though.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
You don't need to take the speedo/tach needles off, the backing peals off just enough so you can get your fingers in to put the tape in the right spots.

I had no trouble doing this on mine, although I have not test my dash out yet - the end result looks the same as the pictures above.