Twisted Sisters Meet

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I will be making a trip down to Austin on 9 Oct, Columbus Day weekend, to meet up with Justin (JSATX) on 10 Oct to drive the the Twisted Sisters. I wanted to put an invite out to anybody who would like to meet up on Saturday and see what the Sisters are all about.

For anybody who might not be familiar with the Twisted Sisters--and I can't imagine any motorcycle, Goblin, or car enthusiast in general from TX not knowing at least their name--they are also known as Three Hill Country Ranch Roads 335, 336 and 337 deep in the heart of Texas and about 2.5 hours west of Austin. The 100 mile loop is touted as some of the best roads that Texas has to offer for anybody who enjoys windy, twisty roads. That's a pretty big claim considering the sheer size of Texas so we'll have to see. Regardless, it sounds like a perfect destination for me at least.

My plan is to head down Friday and stay somewhere on the southern side of Austin somewhere off of Highway 290. I'm still trying to figure out the finer details as far as when/where to meet Saturday, but I will update as soon as I figure it out. I really hope others will show up. This is an open invite to anybody--Goblin or not--to come and enjoy the drive.

Here is a map of the location.
Sisters.jpg

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Cool. I have done the sisters more times than I can count, on my motorcycles. I don’t think I have ever done them on 4 wheels. Might have to see what the wife says about it.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Actually 337 from vanderpool to leaky is the most fun.

plus 16 from Medina to kerrville is probably the hardest road in TX :eek: (start at the 2 min mark)

oh and 39 from Hunt to 83 is awesome.
sorry. No vid

Last edited:

SACTX

This are some very cool stretches of highway. My dad has a place out by Rocksprings. Definitely worth the trip!

SACTX

Not happening anymore. Lonny/Adam, you can delete this thread if you want.
Leave it open so other people have a few rows to write on. It’s a good idea for another time.

Also, an hour or two away from there is a really good restaurant by the back caves just south of Fredericksburg.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Just an FYI, 337 between vanderpool and lakey is under construction and I heard other parts that are done are “greasy“.

To be honest, there are a lot of other nice roads in the area that are not as popular as the sisters, but just as much fun.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I think this is a great idea, it just snuck up on us too fast. If we can get a spring group together I’m down. I had originally hopped to put together an Austin meet for F1, maybe next year...