Unknown connector

Lndshrk Steve

Hi Guys. Just finishing up thinning out the body harness. Have one connector left. I'm sure I missed something, but if I can cut this out I'd rather not have it hanging around. Four wires: one black (gnd), one gray, two green with white stripe. I had to rent a space to break down my donor so I didn't label as well as I should have. Thanks for any help.
IMG_20210907_135431778.jpgIMG_20210907_135453296.jpgIMG_20210907_135423683.jpg

BTW it is about it's about 6 feet from the ECM/fuse box.

Lndshrk Steve

Sorry, I wanted to put that in. 2008 LS, 5 speed, no ABS and CRANK windows! Not a lot of wires to get rid of.

Ross

Goblin Guru
What connectors are nearest to that 4 prong connector?
It helps us. Also, moding your signature helps too. Link in my signature.

Lndshrk Steve

Thanks. I will fix my signature and I should start my build thread . . . On the main harness, it's about 9" down from the Accessory plug.

Lndshrk Steve

About the right location, but I got my jewelers loop out (this is a 5 speed car) and SOMETHING was plugged into this at one time.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
5 speed cars have the automatic transmission shifter plug too.

Lndshrk Steve

I thought so, but SOMETHING was plugged into this at one time. Would it be tested before being installed at the factory?

Lndshrk Steve

Well . . . . One of the wires from this connector (Dark green w/white stripe) is at, was at the Body to Dash connector B10, Key Lock Actuator. Do I need to solder this back on and find the other end or is this just used for the Automatics?

Lndshrk Steve

I'm just stuck. If this has to get added back in I have to UNDO some of the taping . . . but I don't know which. There are just so many variables that can't be addressed in a video . . . .

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Well . . . . One of the wires from this connector (Dark green w/white stripe) is at, was at the Body to Dash connector B10, Key Lock Actuator. Do I need to solder this back on and find the other end or is this just used for the Automatics?
In the thread I linked to above, @CncMan333 said that he cut it out entirely.

Lndshrk Steve

Yes, but I have a label for it . . . If the label is just to cover Automatic cars, ok. I'd just like to be sure before I tape it up. Thanks.

Lndshrk Steve

That's the plug and those are the wires. Thanks. Mine ran to Body to Dash connector B10, Key Lock Actuator. I just sure hope it runs without it . . . and I wouldn't know where to wire it to if it needed it. Thanks again. I'm just being nervous.

Lndshrk Steve

That makes me feel better because I don't have that on my ignition. But I misplaced my keys . . . and that's going to be a whole new problem, when I get to it. Thanks!

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I'm pretty sure that would go to the solenoid/lock wires in the first picture here;
2005-2010 CHEVY COBALT IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER SWITCH ASSEMBLY W/KEYS OEM ILA105 | eBay

If you ignition barrel doesn't have that or you can remove it I would cut out the connector. It'd there to keep you from removing the key unless in Park.
I zip tied that plunger on my build because it was faulty. A manual car should not need it or the transmission shift lock solenoid connector.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Yes no key is a little bit of a problem. Either the car will have to go to a dealer or a mobile locksmith will have to come to you.

It might work to use a Tech2 clone but I've never tried it with programming a module.