Upgraded front brake pads for track use

dastrups

Evidently! It's so hard to tell which calipers we have if they're both from base model Cobalts from around the same time but it looks like G-Loc brakes have some that might work so I might give them a shot. The Hawk HPS pads don't feel any better than the basic Duralasts in my opinion.
Do you know what G-locs you want to go with? Looking at the R10 or R8. Just trying to find a part number or how/where to buy.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Do you know what G-locs you want to go with? Looking at the R10 or R8. Just trying to find a part number or how/where to buy.
I was thinking R6 just because the car is so light and it's hard to really get a lot of heat into the brakes and tires on these things.

dastrups

I just called G-loc and ordered some. I ended up going with the R8 for the front and R6 for the rear. Hope I don't regret it. Maybe you'll get yours before me since I'm clear over in California and they are out of NC.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I just called G-loc and ordered some. I ended up going with the R8 for the front and R6 for the rear. Hope I don't regret it. Maybe you'll get yours before me since I'm clear over in California and they are out of NC.
I haven't ordered any yet. Which part # did you get? Is it the GP956? I'm waiting for my parts guy to get back to me so you might have them before I even place an order.

dastrups

I actually don't know the part number. I just called the phone number on the bottom of their website and talked to Danny. I let him know the info that Ross shared in his link listed a little earlier and he was able to find them no problem. I should have asked for the part number. Sorry about that. Talk to Danny though.