USB Charging Port

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Trying to figure out where to put a charging port. Let’s see where you all have placed them….

Ross

Goblin Guru
I use one of these

I left the stock Cobalt 2 Accessory Ports in my wiring harness. One went on my button panel,

The other went in the tunnel.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Motorcycle phone holder with usb. In the motorcycle world, there’s a lot of ways to secure a phone and charge.
FDA443DA-AC35-4423-A0D6-9696B0B0759B.jpeg

Last edited:

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
3d printed dash button panel under the gauge cluster; 12V socket on the far right and dual USB with voltmeter on the far left.

I did the exact same thing! Took my RAM that I took off my old Road King and put it right on the goblin. Once we get ours plated we are working on a whole new dash similar to this. We went back and fourth between those stainless push buttons and the waterproof rockers. How do you like those buttons?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I, like most people here, came up with a way to expand on the DF dash buttons a little bit, courtesy of @ctuinstra. Old pics, but not much as changed, aside from rotating the USB headers a little bit to make better clearance under the cluster.

20201121_131636.jpg

20201121_163123.jpg

Dsteinhorst

Careful which port you buy. Mine will only charge as fast as my phone discharges so it never actually gains battery. Cheap Ebay part didn't work.

Careful which port you buy. Mine will only charge as fast as my phone discharges so it never actually gains battery. Cheap Ebay part didn't work.
I use the Blue Seas Systems stuff for everything. I already have a few of their USB chargers in a couple vehicles.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I used this and have the pigtails hanging down below the instrument cluster.

And on rare occasions I have one of these also when needed.

baustin

I don't have a good picture right now, but I have 2x of something like this:

This is a marine surface mount style 12V outlet case. 1 is mounted behind the seats at the firewall with a 12v style outlet installed. 1 is mounted to the underside of the footwell cover on the passenger side with a dual USB outlet installed.

Indy Lonnie

I’m using one of the 2 12V outlets from the Cobalt. It tucks up in there nicely. I then bought a mini 2 port USB.
59F77B22-FFBD-45DE-B361-55F13859BE0B.jpeg
4BE848E8-39C9-4578-8B57-1D12E67B6084.jpeg
7C0F0FBF-913D-49BA-BF59-EC80982571A7.jpeg