VATS bypass on lnf?

WYGoblin

I was wondering if anyone found a way to disable or bypass the vats on the 2008 and up lnf cobalts. I keep doing research and mostly run into you cannot disable it. Contacted a company that will reset the odometer but says they have no way to disable the vats. Today I ran into a website that says it can bypass the vats system on the 2005-2010 cobalts. Anyone ever seen this and do you think it would work to eliminate the chipped key to make a push button possible/easier?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Bradr has his own device in development that will bypass VATS (aka PK3+, its real name). It's not available yet, though.

bradr

I have not found anyone that can disable PK3+ on the Bosch PCMs. If you find someone that can, please post the info! The older PCM/ECMs can have the PK3+ disabled by HP tuners (labeld VATS in their settings).

WYGoblin

I have not found anyone that can disable PK3+ on the Bosch PCMs. If you find someone that can, please post the info! The older PCM/ECMs can have the PK3+ disabled by HP tuners (labeld VATS in their settings).
Yeah I am having the same trouble. This company says they are not disabling it just bypassing it. In the list of cars it works on they do say it will work on the 05-10 cobalts. Might have to call them to see if it would work maybe. They do say how they do it with the output signal not the input but not that savvy with all that stuff. You might understand what they are doing more than me though ;)

bradr

Totally missed the link above. So, more detail on the Cobalts - the ignition cylinder does have a resistor that is required for start. This only prevents basic hot wiring. The real security is PK3+ where a chipped key is placed near the TDM (theft deterrent module), and the TDM then transmits a message to the PCM / ECM telling it "OK TO START". The cobalt implemented this new, much more effective security protocol, but did not remove the old resistor based system, so both need to be bypassed.

I pulled up their instructions and the bypass module that the guy is selling in the link above is a resistor bypass only. The little ignition adapter boards I recently sold a bunch of do the same thing.

You still need a chipped key for the engine to run.

WYGoblin

Totally missed the link above. So, more detail on the Cobalts - the ignition cylinder does have a resistor that is required for start. This only prevents basic hot wiring. The real security is PK3+ where a chipped key is placed near the TDM (theft deterrent module), and the TDM then transmits a message to the PCM / ECM telling it "OK TO START". The cobalt implemented this new, much more effective security protocol, but did not remove the old resistor based system, so both need to be bypassed.

I pulled up their instructions and the bypass module that the guy is selling in the link above is a resistor bypass only. The little ignition adapter boards I recently sold a bunch of do the same thing.

You still need a chipped key for the engine to run.
Ok that makes some sense. I knew this was the place to ask the question. Hopefully someday someone will be able to figure out the PK3+ so we can disable the TDM. Thanks for taking the time to look at the link and explaining it to me.