Vendor for Quaife

Gr8wheels

I want to buy the Quaife LSD to install in my F-35. So I've Googled Quaife and a few U.K. websites pop up and the only Chevy they have listed is the Corvette.
Obviously, I'm off track here, where do I go to purchase the Quaife hardware for my application?
Thanks- as usual

Rauq

Goblin Guru
This leads me to this but I'm not sure if you would need this one or this one. They're both marked as backordered, so you might as well reach out to them to figure out if/when they'd ever get more, in addition to figuring out which one is more suitable for an F35. Saab did some wonky things with F35 diffs in F25 transmissions that I haven't been able to track.

If you're open to other options, the price of a Quaife + fitting the diff in an F35 is likely to be much more expensive than finding an F35 with the LSD already installed.

Alternatively, you could pick up a new or used F23 transmission for much cheaper, and for which you can buy a Quaife much more easily here. You would only need a different front trans mount and shifter cable bracket compared to the F23.

I'm not sure where you're at in your build (update your signature here!) but I think your frame is up for delivery soon based on a brief dig through your post history. If I'm wrong, DF can build your frame to fit an F40 transmission, but for that option with a Quaife installed, it's probably at least double the price of a 0 mile F23 + Quaife LSD installed.

edit: if/when I can confirm my F23 swap is solid, my LSD 4.05 F35 is probably going up for sale

Scott #321

I ordered a Quafie for a F23 from Whitehead performance on Feb 18 and am still waiting. Be prepared for the long haul.

I hate the wait... I've had an order in at work for a 3-lense security camera for 8 months now. Have you figured out if the half shaft from a Saturn Vue will work with the F23? I read in one of the forum post that Justin Reed is running an F23. Do you know if he is also running the GrandAm axles with the long passenger side one?

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Have you figured out if the half shaft from a Saturn Vue will work with the F23? I read in one of the forum post that Justin Reed is running an F23. Do you know if he is also running the GrandAm axles with the long passenger side one?
Base model Cobalt axles will work with SS/SC wheel hubs. Short axle on the driver side, long on the passenger.

Scott #321

I ordered a Quafie for a F23 from Whitehead performance on Feb 18 and am still waiting. Be prepared for the long haul.
Bummer had to file with BBB and PayPal today as I have waited 6 1/2 months and only received 1 communication from this company in July staying o would have it delivered within 2 weeks. Over a dozen emails + messenger chats unanswered and a business phone that goes straight to a full mailbox. DF has spoiled me by providing such outstanding service that I have this company too much of the benefit of the doubt. Now I have to find a alternate f23 qiafie vendor.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
The conversion rate from GBP to USD is the best that its been (for us) in the past 5 years, at least. Good time to buy I think