Wallace58's Build

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Don't forget that the ball joint stud for the 08-10 SS TC are a different size and hard to source. Most online parts catalogs will have you buying the wrong size and really about the only source is either GM replacement arms (which may not be available) or OTTP.

Sorry, you said hubs not knuckles. I don't know if the newer SS hubs will bolt into the older SS knuckles.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
@wallace58 Honestly, you're kind of opening up a can of worms that doesn't need to get opened. If you have the SC hubs, control arms, and axles just use those. If the SC axles won't work, pick up some base model axles like @Rauq mentioned. You can return the grand am axles and TC hubs and save some money / headache

Last edited:

wallace58

Finished stripping out donor today. Hope to work on wiring harness next week.
D9165D77-91E9-43DD-93CD-4484A88EB535.jpegEAE0449A-3106-448C-A1C0-C810AB6BC06B.jpeg2277C84F-BEB9-4BE8-8D4F-19C265677F3D.jpeg

Last edited:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
What other kits and cars have you done? I think that is a FF truck in your pic? Not a walk in the park, I’m betting they take some finagling and ingenuity to complete! I know I have gotten involved in some crazy car building/ repair in 40+ years of working on cars. I’ve worked on some crazy foreign cars(1938BMW convertible.)many racing types on which nothing was standardized. Sometimes there were only old pictures to go by and old notes as to which cars the suspension came from.(1953 Allard Caddy powered!)

wallace58

What other kits and cars have you done? I think that is a FF truck in your pic? Not a walk in the park, I’m betting they take some finagling and ingenuity to complete! I know I have gotten involved in some crazy car building/ repair in 40+ years of working on cars. I’ve worked on some crazy foreign cars(1938BMW convertible.)many racing types on which nothing was standardized. Sometimes there were only old pictures to go by and old notes as to which cars the suspension came from.(1953 Allard Caddy powered!)
Over 16 kit cars. most for customers. most were Factory Fives.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Wow! You've been in deep! I imagine a Goblin isn’t much of a challenge after all that. I just worked on old junk and idiot owned out of warranty exotics. I think you have many tales to tell us!

wallace58

Wow! You've been in deep! I imagine a Goblin isn’t much of a challenge after all that. I just worked on old junk and idiot owned out of warranty exotics. I think you have many tales to tell us!
I plan on keeping this thread mostly on the build. Not my stories of old, LOL. ;)

wallace58

Still working on the main and dash wiring harnesses. I most likely will hold off on the wiring till I get the stuff with my kit. I plan on working on the engine next week. Going to have a few cold days here in Florida. 20's next few mornings, Brrrr!:confused:

wallace58

Ouch! Those look like timing parts in the first photo. Did things get torn up with this failure?
Yes. I was surprised how quiet the engine ran and how smooth and powerful it was. With 171K on it I feel better getting a less than 66K engine with a 5 year warranty. Price was very good, IMO. Hope to have it here after I get back from DF with kit.