We made it on Donut media!

r3drckt

Goblin Guru

In all seriousness, glad to see two adults settling things like ADULTS. I’ve been on plenty of forums and all of the “Adults” there act like kids with pissing matches about why their opinion is superior. One of the big reasons I was hesitant on joining this forum. The Goblin community here continues to amaze me. At least the Donut Media host got that part right about us being Goblin Nuts or however he put it. We special :D

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I have to agree, I don't really enjoy the style of video Donut puts out, but it's of course a personal thing. More and more exposure for the Goblin ... like I said before, get your kits ordered, people. Lol

Dsteinhorst

I had friends on Facebook tag me in this video. I'm happy to see the Goblin getting this exposure, but I agree that Donut is a bit overdone. They did a video on the PT Cruiser a while back and it was riddled with inaccuracies and bad opinions.

The more attention the Goblin gets, the better the options and accessories get, and the more people we have to steal ideas from!

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
I was super excited to see the Goblin on Donut Media since I've been following them for years (we actually reached out to them in 2019 but never made anything happen). I really liked their Hi Car Low Car series where they built two 350z's side by side, one with expensive aftermarket parts and the other with eBay parts.

I'm sure some of you that are reading this are followers of Donut Media and just learned about the Goblin in the last day or so. Welcome to the forum! Feel free to make an account and start asking questions. I know some of the forum guys have been pretty vocal about their opinion of Donut Media but don't feel turned away. They are a very helpful bunch.

If you don't want to make an account, just shoot your questions directly to us: [email protected]

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
That's okay. For some it's the trip, not the destination. Because once it's done, it's done and it's only mods from there.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Yep, it gets built once so getting all of my needs and wants into it is a big part of the journey. The incorporation of many of the great ideas and mods from the forum are far from a distraction to getting my Goblin completed. I know it will be built at some point and then I can enjoy driving my unique 'built not bought' creation. :cool:

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I was thinking of myself every time he mentioned that >.< but I feel like it’s not stopping the build process for me thankfully. Can’t say the same for @Brian74 with his complete interior paneling, or @Desert Sasqwatch with all of the speed holes
This car has encouraged me to learn welding, develop my own fabrication techniques through much trial & error, and inspired me to build a complete fabrication shop for future projects.

I never saw that in the cards, lol. I guess some of us just fall in love with the build process.

Edit: I watched the Donut Media video. I generally am not a youtube person. I think he explains things well & I think this is a great promotion for the Goblin.

Most of my “while I’m there” ideas have all come straight from my head after looking at the car. Most of it is either based on aesthetics or convenience.

Last edited:

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
This car has encouraged me to learn welding, develop my own fabrication techniques through much trial & error, and inspired me to build a complete fabrication shop for future projects.

I never saw that in the cards, lol. I guess some of us just fall in love with the build process.
The quality of your work had me thinking you’ve been doing metal fabrication for years!

Brian74

Goblin Guru
The quality of your work had me thinking you’ve been doing metal fabrication for years!
Nope. Just started with a Lincoln 100 that my buddy dropped off 2 years ago. Did flux core for a bit, moved to gas, found a CAD program I can use well, and had so much fun with it, that I bought a 220V Hobart and haven’t looked back since.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Nope. Just started with a Lincoln 100 that my buddy dropped off 2 years ago. Did flux core for a bit, moved to gas, found a CAD program I can use well, and had so much fun with it, that I bought a 220V Hobart and haven’t looked back since.
Ever heard of Ron Covell? He's probably the best fabricating instructor out there.