Well here is another new member

Jcas

Hello All
I am Jim over here in Tacoma Wa. I have been sitting back there to the left there in the corner for the past few months reading and watching and I bet you can't guess what happened next. I had a 2007 LS plain Jane basic with a manual with only 79295 miles with a little hood damage just fall into my lap. So as you know I had to dish out the payment and bring her home.

I chatted with Adam today on the phone and he helped me put in a basic plan of action so that I can be getting my slot in the ranks soon. I will be securing my slot in the next few weeks and picking up my complete kit in person in the last of July to the 1st of August while seeing my grandkids in Texas.

So my basic car will be supercharged with the help of a after market supercharger kit. Not really sure at this point the color scheme but if my wife has any say there will be some deep blue involved.

With that being said I hope that I can input a possible new idea here in locating your donor. I work for a scrap metal company and my job is to drive the tow truck from tow yard to tow yard collecting the cars that my company has purchased. These cars are cars that have been towed for many reasons. Anything from DUI to the person having outstanding warrants or..... the list just goes on. I know that here in Washington the tow company holds a car up for auction after 30 days of storage and no registered owner has came to claim. These actions are open to the public to bid but bid has to be in person. Ouch on the time but most tow companies have a web site and a list of up coming cars to be auctioned. I just wish that I would have found you guys sooner. I will try to watch to see what you are looking for and keep an eye out for the requested parts.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Congrats on your new Goblin project. Hopefully your work connections can help some new builders secure donor Cobalt cars.

Last edited:

Jcas

Congrats on your new Goblin project. Hopefully your work connections can help some new builders secure donor Cobalt cars....
I have seen a couple good donors go through and yes if I can rescue a few good donors I would enjoy moving them on. I have seen a few good parts as well

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the group.

I am working on adding the supercharger to my car this winter. Although the progress has been slow so far. Working on the honey do list first.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the Goblin family Jim. Good that you had conversation with Adam and got first hand knowledge from him what a Goblin build is all about. The DF team is the best group of people you will ever deal with and you will find that the rest of the family is here to help you with any problems and provide our knowledge to help you get past them - we've all made those mistakes and don't want everyone else to suffer the same outcome. Since you have been following the postings on the forum you know there is a plethora of knowledge here and from the information you have already brought I expect you will be bringing more information and resource knowledge with you. :)

Your donor looks to be a great start and the tear down is always a great learning experience if you have not done this before. Best advice: LABEL EVERYTHING. Keep every nut and bolt, all of the brake line parts and clips, and the handbrake system (if you need a parking brake in Washington, which I think you do). On of the first decisions is to determine if you will be using the seats from the donor or going with the Corbeau seats or other aftermarket seats - which will help determine what hardware you will keep (or not). The sale of parts from your donor can help offset the cost to purchase and help convince the 'boss' at home that this adventure is not as expensive as it first appears to be. ;)

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the forum. Looks like a great donor car you have there. It would have been sad to see a car with such low miles go unused.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Welcome aboard! It was nice to meet up with you yesterday and talk about the build and your plans.
When the weather breaks and warms up a little bit, we'll have to go out for "quick" ride around the neighborhood!:p

Jcas

Yes Carl it was nice sorry that I kept you so long. Once home wife and I set a schedule up so that all goes well. We even set our kit pick up date not that DF goblin knows yet lol. Once weather is a bit better I will be doing tear down of donor wiring harness cleaning and painting of parts because once back here with kit In August all i want to do is build lol