Well this is an interesting "problem"

Wes

So I finally installed my switch panel; the horn and hazards work but not the other functions. I know the cruise needs the resistor which I have yet to install but the menu buttons should work right?

But the interesting part is that my gauge cluster no longer shows the variety of lights that it used to. Maybe I accidentally found a hack by miswiring something lol? I don't recall having that security light flashing before but there were so many I can't remember.

Attachments

Wes

So you are grounding two wires through the switches like Lonny post here for the earlier models?
Button panel wiring (late model) | DF Kit Car Forum
Hopefully your hack hasn't blown fuses or you got your green wires confused and you are grounding a data wire. Hard to say what might be going on without the correct wiring diagram.
I went by the sheet that was provided and some online "research" of the factory wiring diagrams. I think I wound up cutting a wire from the instrument cluster, green and white? It's an 07 so I think it would be called the early model...

I have disabled VATS thru HP Tuners so I don't even use the factory key anymore, I got this one cut at the local hardware shop for like 3 bucks. Still starts!

I guess I will have to un-tape everything and double check the colors; I knew I shouldn't have wrapped it all back up lol. I didn't exactly follow directions when I did the original wiring either of the car since there weren't any at that time.