What’s the best comment you have heard from someone when driving Goblin around

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
The one I heard today is at the top of my list.
Come out of Publix and come out to Goblin and a guy says, I see you riding around my neighborhood and then he says my son told me when he seen you ride by the house . I wish he was my DAD and then the DAD says kiss my (ASS) son
I had to laugh at the poor guy!

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I bet that smile is still on your face......

Had a neighbor kid ask where I got the cool go-cart. I felt like Denny Hamlin in that commercial - PJ's???....... :0
Ain't no Briggs & Stratton on this thing.........

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I'm not road-legal yet, but the best I've had so far is when my neighbor was out walking with his (small) son, who spied the Goblin in my garage for the first time and immediately started going nuts. "Dad! Look at that go-kart dad! Why can't we do something like that?!" Dad just kept his son moving while smiling.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I bet that smile is still on your face......

Had a neighbor kid ask where I got the cool go-cart. I felt like Denny Hamlin in that commercial - PJ's???....... :0
Ain't no Briggs & Stratton on this thing.........
It was I have to admit, I got a chuckle quite a few times out of that.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I love the comments every time I take it out at least someone asks what it is. The best was a kid in the neighbourhood getting so excited when I drove by. One day his dad was with him and I told the kid to hop in and drove around each road in the neighbourhood making sure all his friends saw. Being a young boy not too long ago I would have been the cool kid for at least a few months. :D

In saying this the goblin does give you a small taste of what celebrities go through when they go out in town its sometimes tiring lol.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
Not exactly Goblin related but a couple of years ago while driving my Lincoln (avatar picture) I was driving up to a red light in which a beat up truck in front of me was already waiting. I see the driver see the Lincoln in the side mirror and then the door opens. A scraggily man walks out and starts walking towards me and my car. My first thought is, "Wow, this is is my first car jacking." I start looking around to see if I can throw it in reverse and remember we are still stopped at a red light on the open road. As he gets to the end of his truck, he stops. He starts to bow down and do the "were not worthy" bowing with arms outstretched. I am dazed. He finishes, gets back into his truck and as the light turns green, drives away. I sat there for a good 10 seconds to make sure he was well away before continuing my journey. The most surreal thing I have seen.

Needless to say I am prepared for whatever craziness comes once I complete the Goblin.

JERMzSS

Not really a comment but once last year I took my Goblin to my chiropractor. Right next door is a day care and as soon as I walked out the door there's 50+ kids lining the fence talking about my car. When I walked to it I got "that car is so cool!!" and " cool race car!!!". I was grinning from ear to ear talking with those kids. They all stayed there until I drove away. Not before giving them A quick supercharger rev tho lol.

I've been followed home once by a man and his son. Followed and had someone film me for like 5 minutes driving down the road.

The first time I took it to cars and coffee I had 30 people around me and the wife before we could park lol.

It's fun but sometimes it makes my anxiety go crazy lol.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
It's fun but sometimes it makes my anxiety go crazy lol.
ya. I try not to be an ass, but there’s times I just want to go, not chat. Even at gas stations now, I try to go to the pump where no one is around. I don’t take my helmet off and I just go.

JERMzSS

ya. I try not to be an ass, but there’s times I just want to go, not chat. Even at gas stations now, I try to go to the pump where no one is around. I don’t take my helmet off and I just go.
That's me 100% I don't wanna be rude because I've been that curious onlooker a million times. The 1st time I saw Lamborghini in the wild I was snubbed and it affected how I approached car owners for years after that.

So even if I'm in a hurry I'll still try to be that person that's happy to show off his ride but I have gassed up with my helmet on before lol.

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I don’t mind talking to people about the car. But what really turns me off is people that come up to me and want to talk about the old car they used to have or were ones going to build yada yada yada.

It sounds really selfish and I don’t mean to, but if you genuinely have questions about the car I’m more than happy to answer. But I didn’t build the car to give you an opportunity to tell me all your childhood stories.

Last edited:

SACTX

I took it over to my friends house to show him the “completed” car.

his two little boys came outside and we’re watching us go around it and excited as all get out. I saw him again the other day and he told me that the boys still call me the racecar driver.

Most comments and reactions that I get are from kids, of all ages. They don’t hold back their admiration and excitement. :)

JPas914

I’m late as hell to this thread. I’ve had several good run ins with people, had a few cops talk to me at gas stations about my Goblin, and of course the random chat with folks...,kids reactions to it are pretty awesome.

But I’ve had interactions with people that just drain me, people block me in parking spots so they could talk to me (one dude kept trying to get out of his truck while it was in drive with the engine on...tried three times). Along with the unwanted interactions where I’ve politely asked the person to leave me alone after a bit and they get upset like i kicked their dog.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If you want to avoid the gas station 1/2 hour Q&A, get a couple 5 gallon gas cans from HF. Fill them up during a normal fuel stop in your other vehicle (hopefully you have one) and fuel up the Goblin at home. At least some of the issue will be resolved not having the fuel stop. :D

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If you want to avoid the gas station 1/2 hour Q&A, get a couple 5 gallon gas cans from HF. Fill them up during a normal fuel stop in your other vehicle (hopefully you have one) and fuel up the Goblin at home. At least some of the issue will be resolved not having the fuel stop. :D
:DI pull the toy hauler to buc-ee’s and fill the fuel station to use on all my stuff. I get ethanol free fuel in there, which work fine in the goblin, but runs better with “regular” fuel. The best part about buc-ee’s is there’s 100 gas pumps, so I find one with no one around and fill up as quickly as possible.

for those that don’t know buc-ee’s

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
:DI pull the toy hauler to buc-ee’s and fill the fuel station to use on all my stuff. I get ethanol free fuel in there, which work fine in the goblin, but runs better with “regular” fuel. The best part about buc-ee’s is there’s 100 gas pumps, so I find one with no one around and fill up as quickly as possible.

for those that don’t know buc-ee’s
Bucee’s is amazing. There’s one about 30 minutes away on I10 that I make sure to visit when going to or from Mobile. Just wish they had e85 :(