What are these wires for?

Goblin Graber

I’m getting close to having my harness finished up but I need to know what these wires are for?

The purple was supposed to be extended from the fog lights I don’t have. The red with white stripe was supposed to be coming out of the amplifier connector that I don’t have either.

I appreciate the help.

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
The red/white should be ingition-on 12v (I think they use this for the intercooler fan up front, iirc), and the purple will power accessories using the ACC switch on DF's button panel.

Goblin Graber

Thanks. I am supercharging this car but I’m putting the ducts in so I don’t need the fan wire. If I decide on some kinda accessory later that needs power I’ll deal with that.

Goblin Guru
You could use the red/white for the ACC switch (if you go for the DF button panel) since you don't have a fog light circuit.

Goblin Graber

I don’t have the red/white wire either. My donor didn’t have the upgraded radio so the wire from A1 in the rear BCM plug didn’t exist.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The RD/WH wire was from donors that had an amplifier from the factory. I left it for extra power if someone needed it.

The purple wires (one near the fuse box and one on the dash harness) were from donors that had fog lamps. I left these for folks to use to turn things on and off like extra lights.

You can disregard these two wires.

Goblin Graber

Can someone tell me what the labeled D3 red and white accessories power wire is supposed to go to? I have that wire labeled coming from the fuse block area but when I went to label and remove that D3 wire from the dash harness side I had already cut it out.

Tim Moland

The RD/WH wire was from donors that had an amplifier from the factory. I left it for extra power if someone needed it.

The purple wires (one near the fuse box and one on the dash harness) were from donors that had fog lamps. I left these for folks to use to turn things on and off like extra lights.

You can disregard these two wires.
I have the dash buttons and I am wanting to run some leds off of the ACC switch. Is there an open wire somewhere that I can tie into, or am I wiring directly to the switch itself?

Goblin Guru
I have the dash buttons and I am wanting to run some leds off of the ACC switch. Is there an open wire somewhere that I can tie into, or am I wiring directly to the switch itself?
There's a purple wire in the front half of the harness that gets bundled and saved for later in the DF videos. That is the wire that gets 12v when the ACC switch is on.

Tim Moland

I was kinda hoping for a more precise location. I had df do my harness. It's already installed in the car, and I was wanting to avoid opening up the entire front harness.

Goblin Guru
It should be rolled up and attached to the harness somewhere around the pedal box, or where the harness bends upward at the front.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
You should not need to cut the tape to use the fog lamp circuit. It will be a length of purple wire near the dash ground strap in the front and you will find another rolled up purple wire in the rear near the fuse box. They are both labeled and zip-tied to the outside of the harness.
This is only true if your donor came with fog lamps.

Tim Moland

You should not need to cut the tape to use the fog lamp circuit. It will be a length of purple wire near the dash ground strap in the front and you will find another rolled up purple wire in the rear near the fuse box. They are both labeled and zip-tied to the outside of the harness.
This is only true if your donor came with fog lamps.
Interesting. The only wire seperate from the harness is the thick red /white stripe 12v from the amp up by the gauge cluster. Should it be just a single wire, or does it have a couple wires and a connector on it?

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Correct me if I'm wrong but every vehicle I have owned with fog lights, the fog lights will shut off when the high beams are turned on is the Cobalt not this way?