What do you not like about your Goblin

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I dislike that we are up to about 200 chassis after I got mine and it is no where near finished...
I am familiar with this feeling; I have number 40 and I didn't get to drive it until this summer. Everyone has their own pace, and with as much differentiating your build from what's typical, I'd say you're doing alright.

Last edited:

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I dislike that we are up to about 200 chassis after I got mine and it is no where near finished...
I don't know about you, but I have two very young kids and a job... (and a wife) all of which have their own speed. I'm honestly surprised that I've gotten as far as I have given all of that. I think being home-bound with COVID-19 provides me with a lot of opportunity to step out into the garage for a few minutes every now and then or on my lunch break.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. There are builders who've done their car in a weekend or two. They'll never know the satisfaction of working weeks on a problem and that feeling when you finally figure it out. I'm currently in that phase and that's what I'm telling myself. "It's for the best", "you'll appreciate it even more after you're done and you've taken your time", "who's looking after the baby?"

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I think being home-bound with COVID-19 provides me with a lot of opportunity to step out into the garage for a few minutes every now and then or on my lunch break.
I know this is why I got mine done faster. Can’t go anywhere, so might as well work on the car. Plus, since I’m not out spending money, I can spend it on the goblin, so my budget increased. I guess that’s one good thing came out of the beer flu thingy.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I shortened the tube portion of the steering hardware to increase the reach to the steering wheel, and screwed up the alignment of my steering wheel in the process. Didn't find out until I was driving to work this morning and I definitely don't like it. I'll reclock it when I get home.

I also don't like that a junction in the coolant system on the passenger side weeps when the engine is warm, because I chose to use waterless coolant and now I have an expensive leak.