What do you not like about your Goblin

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I think the wheel lighting and some electroluminescent could look pretty bad ass on a Goblin. Like something out of Tron.

Only thing I don’t like about my Goblin is other drivers. People too focused on taking pics/videos of it while driving than they are with actually driving. Kids reactions are awesome and I’ll wave back, maybe honk, just to make their day and to see their smiles...but other drivers kill it for me. It’s soo much more enjoyable when I’m on the road pretty much alone.
wait until one of those gawkers next to you actually rear ends the car in front of him. Happened to me. I felt bad. Nobody hurt. We got our ice cream anyway.... ;)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Only thing I don’t like about my Goblin is other drivers. People too focused on taking pics/videos of it while driving than they are with actually driving. Kids reactions are awesome and I’ll wave back, maybe honk, just to make their day and to see their smiles...but other drivers kill it for me. It’s soo much more enjoyable when I’m on the road pretty much alone.
yep. Took ours out for the first actual real drive and almost got taken out 3 times, due to distracted drivers. :rolleyes:

Classy

So, my thoughts not owning one, but seeing, riding and driving one, I hate the gauge setup, there is no way I am looking all the way over at the tach when I am pushing it, and looking over to see coolant temp, or speed is annoying too.
This one might be a personal preference, but I would like to have bigger side mirrors, the little motorcycle ones, sorta work, but I am ultra conscious of where I am on the road in this thing since it is so small, and many vehicles in Texas are not.
Last, the gas pedal placement, it can be fixed, but still.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I think the wheel lighting and some electroluminescent could look pretty bad ass on a Goblin. Like something out of Tron.

If I can find a way to do it with some subtlety, I'll probably try it. I'm not one for excessive flash and bling, the Goblin alone already has more than its fair share of that. I took it out for a quick romp in the neighborhood today and a photo op at the far end of the neighborhood, and some pedestrians were all over me like flies on sh*t, plus another gawker in a car that actually pulled over to take some cell phone pics.

I won't be taking it out again without registration and insurance (unless I tow it somewhere).

The distraction on the road is what both my wife and I fear the most about this kit car. It's awesome, it's fun, and people stare at it. It is to adult drivers what a cell phone is to a teenage driver.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Meh. Don’t need the tach, when your ears are tuned. :p And you hear the rev limiter banging. :eek:

the cluster is in a little annoying spot, but it’s not a big deal.

im use to the mirrors due to riding bikes for 20 years. If DF wouldn’t have used them, I would have. It matches the car well, with size and all. I do think I need to add cameras though.

the pedals in general need more space, but my big dumbo feet don’t help any of that.

JPas914

I was thinking about maybe adding one of THESE later down the road, but yeah, the audio cues are enough I think.
I was thinking the same thing during my time in Korea. The audio cues are pretty unmistakeable once you’ve had enough seat time. And to be honest, just like in my truck, I’ve been getting used to how different speeds feel and sound.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I'm probably going to pickup one of THESE at some point to let me know I'm getting close to the limiter. They're crazy bright so I could easily mount it under the hood somewhere and still see it light up out of the corner of an eye.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I'm probably going to pickup one of THESE at some point to let me know I'm getting close to the limiter. They're crazy bright so I could easily mount it under the hood somewhere and still see it light up out of the corner of an eye.
My son bought one for his Miata. Unfortunately the quality was not very good. It was not consistent at the RPM that it would light up.
Also, there is not a dedicated RPM signal into the Goblin gauges that is simple to splice into.
Not sure if the Aeroforce gauges have an actual light for shift points, but they may be an alternative.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
My son bought one for his Miata. Unfortunately the quality was not very good. It was not consistent at the RPM that it would light up.
Also, there is not a dedicated RPM signal into the Goblin gauges that is simple to splice into.
Not sure if the Aeroforce gauges have an actual light for shift points, but they may be an alternative.
Really? I never had an issue with the one I put in another car years ago. Maybe it's not worth the effort then!

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
That is CRAZY sweet. I'd have LOVED to do something like that with mine, but yeah, that's a bit beyond me. Great job!